Me and My Boys...Chapter Twenty Nine(part B)

Hallo!
I guess I'll be finishing this up sooner than I thought. These two have been lovely-Dovey since they got married, no??^^
*************
I wasn't sure of what to do, I wasn't sure how to act now after seeing Susan.

"Is the food to your like?" Mrs.Tellie asked as she bowed her head.

"Yes, thank you," Violet Eyes answered as if nothing was going on.

I just played with my food, avoiding looking at Susan but it felt that no matter where I looked, she was always there. I wanted to ask him what was happening, I wanted to ask what I should do. Had he known that about Susan?! For how long?!

He got up from his chair and walked over to me, grabbing my hand from the table.

He leaned over to whisper to the maids which caused them to giggle and turn different ways in embarrassment. What did he just tell them!? Susan laughed as well, the expression on her face totally different than the one she had before.

We hurried out of the room and headed to the empty hallway, and hid in a corner where we wouldn't be easily seen.

I pushed him into the wall, even if it left me breathless, and glared up at him.

"What's going on?!" I whispered just in case someone was passing by.

He pushed me to a side, changing positions with me. He looked around, checking if there was someone spying from somewhere.

"Graven has been working with King Dominique for a bit now, and I sent the boys over to get as much evidence as possible against him so it is critical, for their safety to keep this in secret, understood?"

I nodded, finding it somewhat reassuring to hear that the boys were alright.

"But, what about Susan?" I asked as I remembered the way she stared at Violet Eyes.

He nodded, grabbing my shoulders as he spoke.

"That's why I need you there. You're the only one who can find any information about her. "

I nodded, finally understanding why he had suddenly made me into a maid.

"You could've just asked, you know!?" I said as I slightly punched him in the gut.

"You would've made it obvious," he answered as he took my hand.

"What makes you think Graven's been working with King Dominique?"

"Derek. We were able to pin-point his father's weaknesses and strengths and one thing we noticed was his continuos travels between my country and King's Dominique's. It is also unusual, no matter that person's noble heritage, for him to have a large number of supporters in a different country. Not just the supporters, but the number of weapons. There would be no possible way Graven could have al day here in my country," Violet Eyes responded as he moved a hair away from my face.

"What will happen then?" I asked as the thought of going into war crossed my mind.

"I'll avoid any possible confrontations, even if I have to risk it all. So that's why, Natalie, I'm asking you to put your part," he said as he glanced behind him.

"What do you want me to do?"

"First, I need you to keep your eyes on Susan. Secondly, I need you to build a friendship with Queen Lauren. Invite her to parties, invite her for dinner. I have a strong sensation that she's easy to divulge information from."

"Right. Then, what will happen?"

We turned at the sounds of footsteps close to us, freaking out as soon as we saw it was Susan along with some of the other maids.