Rejection has its limits

Start from the beginning

I jerked myself away from Cliff and stomped back to the car. "Of course I haven't! You know I would have to tell Damon if I had!" Cliff was close on my heels and slammed the door shut as I tried to open it.

"What I know is that you don't want to find your mate." Cliff twisted me around to face him. "What I know is that you are crazy enough to reject your mate."

Thank god for drama classes in high school. I reached up and touch Cliff's cheek, "You're right I don't want to have a mate right now. However if I find him I will accept him as my mate. Believe me Cliff I would not lie to you."

Cliff searched my eyes struggling to accept the lie I just told him. "Ok, well if it isn't that, what is it? Have any of those mateless wolves from another pack been messing with you?"

Oh thank you Cliff a plausible lie that just might work. I shrugged, "Nothing I can't handle."

"Well you let us know if there is anyone messing with you that you can't handle."

"Of course I will."

"Well lets head to the apartment before our phones blow up asking our whereabouts."

We reached the apartment and the party was in full swing. A lot of our pack were there drinking and dancing to the music coming from someone ipod.

"Hey listen up everybody, turn the music down. I want everyone to watch over alpha's sister, Melissa, some wolves from other packs been sniffing. So let's make sure nothing happens to her. And that goes for any other mateless females if you are having any problems let me know and I will take care of it. Alright this Public Announcement is over! Let's party!" Cliff embarrassed the hell out of me as usual. Even though there were older pack members present, Cliff being the next beta made him the highest ranking wolf at the University of our Pack, Cold Mountain Pack. I rolled my eyes disengaging myself from Cliff gaining the attention of Christy.

We left the apartment and walked down to the parking lot on the pretense that she left something in Kevin's car.

"What the hell story did you tell Cliff?"

"The only story that would satisfy him. He had figured out that I found my mate so I came up with this lie to get him off the mate topic."

"You do know now that all of the pack will be watching your every move. No wolf can come within five feet without Cliff knowing about it. I sure hope your mate will stay away."

"That might be true if he was a normal wolf, but he is an alpha. A freaking alpha!"

"So, what? Then that means he will have more power to stay away from you."

"Christy what the hell were you doing when they talked about werewolves history? Oh that's right you were too busy with your tongue down Kevin's throat!" I hit the dashboard in frustration.

"Damn Melissa, calm down. You better not put a dent in my baby's ride. He will kill me!"

I inhaled deeply and exhaled, "Christy he is the future alpha of his pack. He can't reject his mate or else he will not become alpha. That now explains why he didn't formally reject me. Damn him he knew that and I guess he was going to sleep around with the campus sluts and then settle down with me later on! UGH! I hate mates!!!"

"Well that would work in your favor, right? You can both live your separate lives and then at graduation accept each other as mates. The best of both worlds."

"Christy he is an alpha. Do you know how powerful his wolf is inside of him? If he was a normal wolf then yes this would probably work. But he has an alpha wolf inside of him, who is stronger than his human side. He barely controls him now. But his wolf will not continue to ignore my wolf. His wolf will feel disrespected if I am around other male, mateless wolves. And the need to mark me will only increase. Didn't that stupid fuck realize that? He should have told me he was an alpha. He must been like you and had his tongue down some slut mouth and miss that part of his history! Shit, what am I going to do?"