Chapter 8: Dream

Hidden Powers
[NaLu Fanfiction]
By: JeRein_14

~★~

Chapter 8: Dream

~★~

Normal POV

~Still Lucy's Dream~

  Lucy can only gap at the little exchange between herself, (technically her young self) brothers and cousin that's happening infront of her. She's confused—no, she's rather clueless and scared. She don't want to be reminded on what happened years ago. She pushed that memory deep down. So deep to make sure it can't and won't be dug up again. The memory was that painful and traumatic to her. But can you blame her? She lost not just her mother, but also her brothers and cousins.

  The blonde's train of train of thoughts were interrupted upon noticing a strange smoke that practically came out of nowhere. She watched in pure horror as she saw the kids cover their noses.

  "Ohh, so this is where you little scumbags are hiding." The voice made Lucy cringe and shiver. It's the same voice that took them away. The same j*rk that stole her happiness!

  The blonde narrowed her eyes at the familiar silhouette that just appeared. It was the same man who killed her mother and separated her from them. The figure, just like she remembered, still wore a cloak which sealed his true identity. God knows how much she wanted to yank his hood off to see what he looks like. But apparently, she's invisible in this time frame. She's clearly a ghost in this world.

  She watched as the two sides converse. The exact same sentences and words were used. Helplessly, she can only watch her young self who was currently shaking in fear. It made her wonder. Back then, what if she was brave enough to stand up for them? What would happen if she fought for their sake? Maybe. Just maybe their fate would have changed. Maybe they would still be in the comfort of one another. Herself, her brothers and cousins.

  But that's not what happened. And what happened in the past cannot be changed. Sadly, it made her feel regret and guilt.

  Lucy can only look away and close her eyes as she heard the man use his last resort agaisnt them. The blonde balled her fists in anger as she heard cries from the 5 kids.

  "What did i do to deserve this? Why must i see this when in truth, i tried the hardest to forget everything?"

  Her brown eyes snapped open as she heard tiny footsteps ran past her unsolid form. What she next made her gasp in shock and horror. She actually witness the man stab her own mother infront of her. Her body was lying motionless on the hard solid ground, bathing on red blood.

  "Mavis, please.. S-Stop.." Lucy whispered as fresh salty tears run freely down her pale cheeks. Lips were quivering and hands were shaking.

  "M-Mom! Noo! Zach-Nii, Kurt-nii! Let me go! I need t-to save her!" A High pitch voice echoed through out the forest. She didn't need to turn around to know that it was her past self that was screaming and yelling.

  "Stop it, Lucy! We can't g-go back! You h-heard Mom's final wish, right? Run away and n-never look back." Zach said, voice was barely a whisper. His tone was strict nonetheless.