Fairy's Songs

"...she okay?"
"Wait, I just saw her move!"
"Calm down, boys, give her space!"
Arin's eyes opened, and hovering over her was a friendly faced old man.
The man backed up and sighed in relief. "Arina Butterfly! Thank goodness you're alright!"
"Professor Sparrow?" Arin blinked. She must be in his study. "How'd I get here..?" Her stomach growled as she started to sit up. She groaned and lay back down as her head spun, immediately regretting the decision.
Sparrow smiled. "From what I understand, you've had quite the endeavor. All I know is Carling and Reginald came through that log with you unconscious. They wouldn't tell me anything else until you wok-"
"Arin!" Reggie ran over, suddenly pulling her up into a hug. "You okay?!"
"Besides the fact that my stomach is impossibly empty and my head's spinning," She replied, hugging him back with a smile. "I think I'm good. Can I lie back down now?"
"Oh, sorry..." He said sheepishly, laying her back down.
"Thanks, Reggie..." She grinned, planting a kiss on his cheek before he stood back up, blushing.
"Hey, Arin," Carling walked in holding a bowl of something. "I thought you might be hungry when you woke up."
"Oh, you have no idea," Arin shook her head.
"So, now tell me," Sparrow asked as Arin sat up against the wall. "Arin, where have you been these last few weeks?"
In between bites of the acorn stew, she told him everything that happened.
"I still don't know what that song is... or what it did what it did."
"Wait a second!" Carling suddenly jumped up and ran over to Sparrow's library. "I remember something like that was mentioned in this one book..."
He came back with a book titled "Musicology: A History of Fairy's Songs."
"Here!" He turned to the first page, the introduction. He started to read it aloud.
"Every fairy is made from a song
Their song is what makes them
More often then not, it's a fairy song.
More often than not, the song makes them complete-"
"But it wasn't a fairy song," Arin interjected. "It was a human song!"
"I'm getting there, I'm getting there!"
"Sometimes, though, its not.
It could be a animal, wind, fire, or water song.
Very rarely is it a human song.
When it is
The song appears to shut the fairy off,
drawing them near until the source is found.
When a fairy is made from a human song
they're never complete
Not even when they hear their song."
He set down the book. "That song, those songs that both of you heard, must have been your songs!"
Arin looked over at Reggie. So neither of them were really complete?
"Great, that means I'm incomplete in more ways than one," Arin sighed. No wings, a weird song that shut her down...
"Hey, but you're not alone!" Reggie sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulder. She smiled back at him. Maybe there could be something else to complete her... and maybe she could complete someone else.
Carling looked down and reread the final line of the introduction to himself.
If two fairies' songs are composed by the same person, they were literally made for each other.