Show Me the Way

Then she realized something. Her companion wasn't there. She sighed in relief. "Finally, he's gone." Then panic and concern suddenly washed over as she wondered if something had happened. "What am I thinking?" She scoffed as she stood up. "He can take care of himself..." She had never really called herself a coward, but now, every animal sound seemed a thousand times closer. She'd always depended on her wings to get away if it went that far, but now she didn't even have Reggie's wings to depend on.
A twig snapped and she saw a bush rustle just ahead of her. A soft gasp escaped her lips as it intensified,
Suddenly, something leaped out of the bushes, and she couldn't stop the small "Eep!" Of surprise.
Reggie stood there with a grin. Arin didn't know whether to panic more or sigh in relief.
"Calm down, it's not another fox!" He laughed. He opened the bag he was carrying and pulled out a small berry as he walked over to her. "I got us breakfast."
Arin, for the first time, realized her stomach was growling at her. She'd had very little to eat the last few weeks, and non-human food sounded good right about now. She nodded eagerly.
"Great."

They ate their breakfast mostly in silence. Arin was a bit embarrassed a how she had reacted when Reggie showed up.
Suddenly, Reggie's face went blank. He stood up quickly, staring off into the distance.
"... Reggie?" Arin looked up at him. He didn't answer. "What's wrong?" No answer still. Then she heard something. It sounded like her song at first, but then she realized it was different.

It's another wolf bite
Howling in the moonlight
I wanna get my life right
Will you show me the way?

Suddenly, Reggie ran off.
"Hey!" Arin stood started after him, but cringed and stopped as a pain shot up her leg. She stood there, panting, for a second as she waited for the pain to ease. When it finally did, Reggie was nowhere to be seen.
Again, the flightless fairy felt panic seep in. She had no idea where she was and completely vulnerable. To anything and everything.