The Log

"Wh-what did you just say?!" Arin stammered.
"Uh..." Reggie's face turned a brighter red as he rubbed the back of his neck. Then he sighed. "I said I like you, okay?" He muttered under his breath. Arin's face turned redder at that. "O-oh."
Carling was still over by the tree, stifling laughter. Arin punched his shoulder lightly.
"Shut up, why don't you?"
"Fine, fine!" He laughed. "Let's get going back home."
Arin looked back over at Reggie, both of them blushing harder when she did, and followed Carling.

"How did you guys get here so fast?" Arin asked Reggie to break a torturous awkward silence. The two of were walking side by side a bit behind Carling. "I thought we were likes week away?"
"Uh... actually, Carling knew of a shortcut... that amazingly led to the right place. It only takes a matter of hours."
"Over here," Carling called over to them, pulling aside some leaves from a log.
Arin. Looked through the log. It seemed incredibly long on the inside, but so much shorter outside it.
"What is with this?" She asked, looking over it.
"Weird, huh?" Reggie replied. "Apparently, it doesn't even exist right here. The real log is back in crazy Professor Sparrow's office."
"He's not as crazy as you think," Carling insisted. "He's just antisocial with everyone but someone interested in his studies.
"Anyways, this log takes you anywhere you want," Carling continued. "You just walk through thinking of it. The time depends on how far it is. Since coming here usually takes days, it took a few hours through the log. Ir may take a day, though since you cant fly....but a time saver, am I right?"
"But that doesn't explain how Reggie got there, told you, and then both of you came back."
"I uh..." Reggie rubbed the back of his neck. "I may have accidentally flown into the log in my hurry to find someone and met Carling halfway."
"More like ran me over halfway! I'm surprised you stopped!" Carling laughed, starting through the log.
Arin shot Reggie a playful smile. He wasn't usually one to "accidentally" run into things. You know, besides caves with hungry snakes in them.
"What?!" He exclaimed, indignant. "I was worried and in a rush, okay?!"
Then Arin did something so bold that surprised even her. She yanked Reggie down by his collar and kissed him on the cheek. Then she walked into the log after Carling.