He Left Her

Arin's wings drooped in incredulity. He left her? He just left her?! She tried to push back the tears stinging her eyes as she glared at the spot he just disappeared from.
The man growled in frustration, turning back to Arin as the girls fawned over the terrified fairy.
"Alright, girls..." He sighed. "Get back out of my office."
"But Uncle Desmond!" One whined, picking up the jar. Arin tried to stay steady, but toppled over almost instantly.
"You didn't tell us you had a fairy!" The other one quipped, yanking the jar from the first one's hands. Arin slammed into the side of the jar and rubbed her head.
"Hey, watch it!" She snapped at them. Then she screamed as the girl dropped the jar. To her surprise, however, the jar only bounced. The bad news was she landed on her hurt arm. The jar spun for second after it stopped bouncing, then stopped as the man picked it up. Arin sat in the jar, dazed as she clutched her arm.
"Thank goodness for plastic..." He muttered, putting the jar back on the desk.
"It talks!" One girl squealed, reaching for the jar again. Her companion grabbed it first.
"She can play in our doll house!"
"Wait, girls!" The man said and took the jar back. "You can't play with her, these are my things, okay?!"
"H-hey, I'm not-!" Arin attempted to protest, but the man shook the jar slightly to shut her up. When he stopped, she was sprawled out on the bottom of the jar, glaring at him.
"Come on, now, let's take you home," He said to the girls.
Both girls agreed reluctantly and left the building. The man set the jar back on the table and bent down to meet Arin's terrified gaze.
"Listen you pest," He snarled. She backed away from him until she hit the side of the jar. "You are going to stay right here. No way this jar's going to break, it better be right here-with you in it-when I get back to deal with you."
Arin watched silently as he got back up and slammed the door.