eight

8.

Dylan’s POV;

Vince and I walked down the hallway hand in hand, listening to Frankie go on and on about his so called, “relationship issues.” I wrapped my hand around his arm and leaned my head on his shoulder laughing at Frankie talk about his nonsense.

“Like was saying, I’m sick of her playing with my emotions!” Frankie said, walking to his locker.

“If you really like Jess, go for her.” Vince said, leaning against the lockers, pulling me into his arms.

I looked up at Vince, “Yeah, I mean Frankie, she’s gonna send you mixed emotions because she’s trying to play hard to get.”

“Why do guys always have to make the first move? That’s not fair to us.”

“You obviously don’t like challenges.” Vince laughed.

Frankie slammed his locker, “No! I’m a good looking guy. I constantly have girls throwing themselves at me, and now that one girl wants me one minute and doesn’t the next is driving me insane.”

“Seems like she’s playing the game very well.” I whispered.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Frankie snapped.

“All I’m saying is she’s playing hard to get, so, you should too.” I muttered.

“Brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that?” Frankie said storming off.

I just laughed and tried to pull out of Vince’s embrace only to find me unable to move. “Vince, let’s go.”

“I just want to hold you forever though.” He muttered.

I looked up and saw his head leaning against the lockers and his eyes closed. “Well I need to go to the library.”

“Two more minutes.”

“Well looky here, the two love birds are finally together.” Justin muttered, standing in front of us.

“What do you want?” Vince asked.

“I just want to get to my locker.” Justin said, “Which you both happen to be leaning on.”

I pulled away from Vince quickly. “Sorry.” I muttered trying to walk away, but Justin caught my arm. “What?”

“Can we talk for a second?” He whispered.

I looked at Vince who just rolled his eyes and walked away. “I can’t, I’m sorry.”

Justin’s grip got tighter, “Please…”

I snatched my arm from Justin’s grasp and ran after Vince as fast as I could.

Vince’s POV;

I cannot believe what I just saw. Dylan did not just do that to me! I walked faster and pushed past a group of freshman, and basically ran down the steps to the bottom level.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry.” I could hear Dylan say from behind me, which only made me move faster. “Vince, please slow down.”

I just kept stalking further away from her. I was madder at Justin than anything else. I know he doesn’t want me to be with Dylan. I know that he thinks she deserves better, and I know that he wants it to be him with her, instead of me. But, Dylan was so clueless that she was going to make it so easy for him.

I felt Dylan’s soft hand grab my arm. “Please Vince.” She whispered, pulling me back.

I looked at her and exhaled. I wanted to punch a wall. No. I wanted to punch Justin. I tucked a piece of her red hair behind her ear and let my thumb caress her cheek. I couldn’t stay mad around her, even if I wanted to. Dylan leaned into my embrace and stepped on her tippy toes slowly. I pulled her close and claimed her lips as mine. They are mine. She’s mine. Not anyone else’s, nor will she ever be for a while. Dylan nibbled on my bottom lip as I wrapped my arms around her waist. I opened my eyes just a little to see Justin standing in the middle of the hallway with his hands balled into fists. It was then when I let my hand slip down and cup Dylan’s ass.

The look on his face was priceless.

Justin’s POV;

I walked off, punching several lockers in the process. Who did this kid think he was? He was a rookie, he was beneath my feet. I was top-dog around here, not him. I don’t know who gave him the idea that he was invincible…well; I guess he kind of is. He has the most wanted girl in the whole school, he has money and I guess he was good looking…at least that’s what the girls say. But, I had money. I was rich, I was important in all the right places, if you know what I mean. I could change your life. If Vince thought that I was going down without a fight he thought wrong. Dylan has always been mine and it’s about time he realizes that.