three

3.

Dylan’s POV;

When the bell rung I actually hated the fact that I didn’t want it to, because spending time with Vince was so amazing and relaxing. “Oi vey, I guess it’s time for us to go.” I muttered, standing up with my untouched water.

“Why don’t we get out of here or something?” Vince said, with a smile on his lips. “I want to get to know you better.”

I blushed and looked down. “I would, but it’s the first day of school Vince, and you have practice. It’s already bad enough I got you into trouble with my brother...and the team.”

“Whatever, they don’t really matter. Those guys don’t scare me.”

We started walking towards the door, “You’re actually the only guy that I’ve ever heard say that, I always end up going to homecoming alone because of Ryan and Justin.”

Vince held the door open and we looked up at my brother’s table, which still happened to be full as the cafeteria cleared out. “Not this year, I’m taking you to homecoming.”

“What did you say rookie?” Ryan said, standing up, Justin doing the same.

I leaned my head back and groaned. “Ryan, chill out.”

“Everyone here knows that you’re not allowed to date.” Justin said, pulling my arm.

“Ryan, when will you let your sister grow up and actually have a life?” Vince laughed.

“When I die, that’s when.” Ryan said, pushing me behind him.

“You know, I have a life of my own and you both don’t control me.” I yelled, pushing my way through the both of them.  “If I want to go on a date with Vince, I’ll go on a damn date with Vince, neither of you can stop me.”

“Oh shut up Dylan, we both know that won’t happen.” Justin scoffed.

“Dude, you guys should just lighten up.” Elliot muttered.

“I agree, it’s stupid to control your sisters life throughout high school.” Jessica said.

“Hey, shut up, it’s my sister, not yours.” Ryan said, looking at me. “You’re not going out with him Dylan, or any guy for that matter.”

“Ryan, this may come as a shock to you, but you’re not my father, and you don’t own me. What I do, is my decision. If I want to date Vince, I’ll date Vince, you can’t stop me.” I snapped, rushing out the cafeteria.

Justin’s POV;

“You guys are assholes, I’m quitting the team.” Vince scoffed, going after Dylan.

Ryan slammed his fists on the table and stalked out the cafeteria as Elliot came up beside me. “We’re so screwed.” I said, rubbing my face.

“You think? Coach is going to have a fit once he realizes Vince is quitting.” Elliot said, walking away.

Jess came up beside me. “You know Justin, for someone who likes a girl so much you sure do screw things up.”

She didn’t need to tell me, I already knew.

~

The rest of the day was shit. Dylan and Vince were attached at the hip, so I never got a chance to talk to her in private and apologize. Dylan was in my last period class, gym and there was no Vince, so when I ran up to her, I caught her completely off guard.

“What do you want Justin?” Dylan said, keeping her back to me.

“I’m sorry for how I acted earlier in the café. I just really want your forgiveness.” I sighed.

She finally turned to look at me. “You know, you and Ryan have always controlled my life. Since day one you guys always made decisions for me and that’s not fair, at all. How would you like it if I went around for years saying you can’t do this because I don’t like it, and you can’t do that because I don’t want to do that. No, you can’t have my forgiveness.”

“That’s a little harsh don’t you think? We’re just looking out for you. We don’t want to see you hurt…at least, I really don’t.”

I watched her face soften. “But how am I supposed to live if you guys won’t even let me?”

“I’ll lay off, I promise I will. I just want you to know I’m sorry.”

She nodded her head, “Fine, I forgive you.”

I smiled and looked down. I didn’t want her to see the relief that spilled through my body when she said those words. I was super happy though, more than happy, ecstatic.

Score 1 for Bieber.