Chapter 13 (Not edited)

Recap:

You!” Ow!” Jake yelled. Cassie stormed into my room, then Jake came in holding his cheek. What happen?” I asked. She slapped me!” I didn't 'slap' you, my hand 'accidentally' came in contact with you're face.” Cassie said, grinning.

--------------------------------------------------------

(2 weeks later)

My leg is now fully healed, Tyler had to leave for a little to this college trip that he couldn't miss out on. Life's great, except for the occasional fight between Jake and Cassie, I swear those to fight like brother and sister. And the fights start for now reason one fight was because of a television remote. We were all sitting in the living room, Deciding what movie we were going to watch. Jake and Cassie had other plans. The television remote wasn't switching the channels. Cassie was obviously struggling to fix it. “Give me the television remote, let me fix it.” Jake suggested calmly. “No, I got this!” Cassie said frustrated. “You obviously don't since it's still not working!” Jake said sarcascitally. "Fine here!” Cassie threw the remote and it hit the ground smashing. “Look what you did! Now we can't watch the movie!” Jake gritted through his teeth. "You're in the Army and you couldn't catch a simple remote?!” Cassie yelled. “It's you're fault” They went back and worth “No it's yours!” I've had it with these two. “Enough! Go to you're bedrooms now!” I yelled. “Were adult you can't tell us what to do Alyssa” Jake said. “I said go to you're bedrooms!” I screamed they both flinched and went upstairs arguing. I sat down fixing the remote and finally watching my movie in peace. And that's how it's been ever since we got home. Cassie and I were in the kitchen eating pancakes when Jake comes into the room. Great! I thought sarcastically, “Hey Cass!” Jake smiled. “Hey Jake!” Cassie said cheerfully. “What's going on here?” I said suspiciously raising one eyebrow.

“Nothing, we've decided to settle our differences for you're sake, we've been driving you insane.”

“Yes, you have!” I agreed letting out a dramatic sigh.

“So Aly, how about a movie date tonight?” Jake suggested smiling. Oh I still didn't tell him about my date with Mark, Should I? Why do I care? Were not together anyway! I'm still debating whether or not I should tell him, I didn't want to upset him because I know he's trying and I still have feelings for him which won't go away with a push of a button,sadly. Jake's an awesome father and he's really romantic,funny,always knows what to say to make me feel better. But I need to start dating again hopefully my feeling will go away. I know he's only here for Mia, I doubt he still loves me as much as I love him.

“IactuallyhaveadatewithMark.” I slurred my words fast, hoping he wouldn't understand me.

“Oh, air of strong arms hug me. I look up to find out that it's Jake.

“It's fine Aly, don't feel bad go on you're date just remember I’ll always be here. I'm never going to give up trying.” Those word made me feel even more terrible if that's even possible, I just nodded not trusting my voice.have fun.” Jake said understanding me, his jaw's clenching. I looked down feeling bad. When I felt a p

(Later on that evening)

Mark was waiting for me at the door, I stood at the top of my stairs reluctant to go out on this date, I finally got to the door and opened it. Jake was nowhere in sight.

“Hello, gorgeous!” Mark complimented.

“Hey! Ready to go!” I faked a cheerful voice.

“Yep!”

(At the restaurant)

We were at a really expensive looking restaurant, I didn't want him spending so much money on me. He pulled out my chair for me. I sat down but I really just wanted to leave.

“So what do you do for a living?” Mark asked right away.

“I'm a Forensic Psychologist” Mark nodded. He got quiet not much of a conversation starter is he? Jake always was. Wait why am I thinking of Jake? I'm on a date with Mark!

“Okay, so how about a game of twenty questions!” I said trying to lighten the mood. Mark laughed then nodded.

“Favorite color?” I asked.

“Green” I was surprised, I figured him for like a Grey.

“Mine too!”

“Favorite food?”

“Pasta the one with that secret sauce they don't tell anyone!”

“Me too! Man I’ve always wanted to learn it!” I laughed.

“Did I tell you how I tried to sneak in, so that I could see the recipe!” Mark asked.

“No, tell me!” I said laughing. Maybe this date wouldn't be so bad after all.

Cassie's POV

Jake left somewhere, and Aly left on a date with Mark, which is awesome for her she needs to get out more. I was watching Mia, I adored that little girl. While I was walking to the kitchen I bumped into someone with a really hard chest, I fell on him we both landed on the ground with a thud. I looked up and the good looking stranger.

“Hey, I’m Tyler.” He said flirtatiously.

“Cassie.”

----------------------------------

Team Jake or Team Mark?

Thanks for reading!

-------------------------------------------