Chapter 26: Practice

During breakfast the next morning Harry received a large package while Ron and Rose were talking about the giant dog. Harry showed the note to them that said it was him very own broom and he had practice with the captain that night.

He invited the both of us to come watch but Ron had a giant charms essay due the next morning that he hadn't started yet, so it would just be Rose there. Soon enough they had to go to their morning classes, then they got the evening off.

Neville talked to Rose while she would occasionally write back in response. The two of the talked about school work they had yet to start and teachers they liked.

"Sorry Rose, I like you just fine but your dad, he freaks me out. I don't like him much." Neville said shyly. Rose nodded her head in understanding. Not many people liked her dad, some times she would be stopped in the hall because he had given so and so detention and it just wasn't fair, bu that how Sev worked.

"Hey Rose! Are you ready for you know what?" Harry whispered to her. Rose nodded and waved good bye to Neville. They walled out side, cold even in their coats and scarves. Rose sat on the bench next to the quidditch field while Oliver Wood explained to Harry the basics of quidditch.

Then the two of them where off. At first Harry wobbled and bobbled on his broom, but soon he started to glide through the air searching foe the snitch. Not an hour after the lifter off Harry yelled out triumphantly. He touched down next to me and showed me the golden snitch in his hands.

Then they did it again. And again. Soon Harry was able to catch the snitch in 30 minutes. But by that time it was already 11:00 at night. Rose was hardly awake by the time he came but down for the final time.

"I think that went really well. I think you'll be ready for our first game if we keep practicing out here. Come back tomorrow night Harry and we can go again. Maybe I'll get one of the Weasly twins to hit burglers at you.." Oliver said.

I will not be joining you next time!!!

Rose wrote in here book. Oliver and Harry read it and laughed. Harry and Rose started to walk back to the common room Rose leaning on Harry heavily.

"Thank you for coming with me to my first practice. It was nice to have some support, especially the way Wood was drilling me up there. But erm... well thank you." Harry said quietly. Rose jut nodded her head falling back asleep on top of him.

Harry just rolled his eyes and carried her on his back the rest of the short distance. He dropped her off on the couch and she gave him a weak thumbs up, then snuggled up into the pillows. Harry as quietly as possible went upstairs.