Chapter 24: Fly High

"So you can fly?" George Weasley was standing over Rose as she was reading a book at the end of the day Saturday. Almost everyone else was still out side enjoying the weekend and trying to ignore homework.

Rose looked up surprised. She slowly glared at him.

"No one told me, I just have my ways." He said with a shrug. Rose continued to glare. "I guess that's sounds worse doesn't it? Haha well, can you show me?"

Rose sighed and closed her book. She wasn't going to be getting any work done was she? Rose nodded slowly and put her finger to his lips to tell him to be quiet. She realized that it was sort of an awkward thing to do and lowered her hand. George grabbed it with out missing a beat.

"Let's get going then. I know a couple secret places we can go." He said pulling her along behind him. They walled down many corridor and climbed many sets of stairs. Just when she thought they where going to go as far as the astronomy tower they stopped in the middle of the hall.

George started to walk back and forth. "Yes we'll need something roomy, how about a replica of the quidditch pitch? That sounds good." He looked like he was just talking to himself, but then a door appeared.

We stepped inside and we where standing in the middle of the quidditch pitch. The tall stands loomed above. It appeared like they had just stepped out of the dressing rooms, and both of them where dressed in Griffondor quidditch robes. Rose glared yet again at George who was snickering at her.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but imagine what you would look like. Now lets get going." He said still laughing. He picked up a broom and took off into the sky. Rose wasn't fully in control of flying yet but she  could try while she had this audience.

Using her hands she guided herself upward and stopped a little above George. He stared at her in awe.

"Blimey, your like an angel." He said. "To be honest I doubted you could really fly, maybe eat a candy to make you float, but blimey you really can fly! This is amazing. You wanna race?" He babbled.

Rose took that as an invitation took take off, flying laps around the pitch over and over, her and George flew, George laughing and taunting, Rose smiling and making faces. They continued like that for hours. Soon they retired the soft grass. Laying side by side they watched sun set from their mirror of the outside.

"The suns already setting, it must be about 7:30 by now. Where did the time go?" George said with a yawn. Rose bolted upright. She had forgotten about her detention! She quickly got up.

"Is something wrong? Do you have somewhere you need to be or something?" He asked. Rose nodded. She didn't have her book so she made a stirring motion with her hands.

"Potions? Why are you going down there this late?" George asked. They where already running down flights of steps.

"Wait, do you have detention? The old man gave you detention huh? Brilliant." He said smiling brightly at her. They finally arrived outside of potions. Pansy was already waiting there for Rose. Pansy rolled her eyes and turned away so Rose could say goodbye.

"I had lots of fun. We should do that again sometime." He said blushing. Rose nodded and smiled back. "Erm, alright, I'll leave you to it, see you later!" He said cheerfully as Sev opened the door. George ran away and Rose turned to face Sev.