Four: The Sorting

Start from the beginning

"Edwards, Gigi." McGonagall said.

A peppy girl literally bounced up the steps, and eagerly jammed the hat on her head, like Luna and Hermione had at their Sorting Ceremonies. I could tell this girl was going to annoy me already. Hopefully I would be able to avoid her. 

"Ravenclaw!" The hat shouted.

The Ravenclaw table cheered. Gigi skipped to the table, her blonde curls bouncing up and down, and sat between Grace and Cho Chang. Cho caught my gaze and sent me a smile, which I returned. She'd been at the Ministry with me last year, when we fought Voldemort. It had only been me, Luna, Neville, Ginny, Cho, and Ron, much to his displeasure. Ron despises me. 

"Freeman, Henry."

The boy trudged up as slowly as possible. With a sigh, he sat on the stool. He didn't look very friendly as he glared up at us. 

"Slytherin."

Nobody cheered as Henry sat on the end of the table, the farthest away he could get from people.

"Hastings, Viola!" McGonagall yelled.

Viola sat on the stool. I liked her name, it was pretty. She was eyeing the Ravenclaw table with interest, I bet that was the house she wanted. 

"Ravenclaw!"

Viola beamed at everyone before hopping off of the stool, and skipping towards the table to sit with Cho. Cho flipped her dark hair and smiled at Viola. 

"Highmore, Ramona!"

The girl sat on the stool, waiting anxiously. She wrung her hands, and it was clear the girl was nervous. She looked scared as she glanced around the room, waiting for her House to be called. 

"Hufflepuff!"

She looked slightly put out, but went to the table without complaint, and even smiled when Hannah Abbott welcomed her.

"Middleton, Adele."

A girl with a tiny frame stepped up. Her dirty blonde hair covered her eyes. She brushed the hair out of her face, and her chocolate colored eyes stared at Luna. Then she stepped to the stool, and sat down, putting the hat on her head.

"Gryffindor!" The hat said.

Adele smiled, and sat next to me, to my surprise. "Hi, I'm Adele, as you already know, thanks to McGonagall."

I smiled at her. "I'm Draco." 

She twirled a lock of her hair. "Nice to meet you." Then she turned around to pay attention to the rest of the Sorting.

"Salisbury, Kase." 

A athletic looking guy walked up to the stool with confidence. He was thin and small for his age, but still the type of guy girls would go for. He reminded me a lot of Fred and George, what with their confidence and his laid-back attitude. He presented a flower to the girl next to him, who blushed. Then he finally made it to the stool. 

"Gryffindor!"

I clapped and cheered along with the rest of my house. Kase seemed like a pretty cool guy, even though I didn't know him. A goofy grin appeared on his face as he came to the table, loving all the attention. He bowed, and gave a flower to Adele. 

She blushed and smiled, and then screamed as the flower squirted her. The flower held a ton of water, and her hair was soaked, makeup running down her face.

Everybody laughed, including Adele, and Kase sat next to her. Adele quickly mumbled a spell to fix her makeup and dry her hair. 

"Spinster, Juliana."