Four: The Sorting

Start from the beginning

I saw a tall boy walk over to the Gryffindor table.

"... And that is all of the first years. Now the transfers will be sorted. They will all be going into sixth year, and have transferred from Beauxbatons or an American school." McGonagall said.

 The Hall buzzed with excitement, particularly from my year. Everyone got excited when transfers came to the school, it was always interesting to talk to new people. The Beauxbatons girls were getting extra attention from the Gryffindor guys, for obvious reasons, as they were Veela. 

"Andersen, Maisie!" McGongall called the first name.

A rather tall girl went confidently up to the stool, and jammed the hat onto her head.

"Slytherin!" The hat shouted.

She skipped to the table, and sat next to Hermione. Hermione immediately turned to the girl, and they jumped into a conversation. 

"Cavendish, Kellen."

An arrogant boy stood up and walked confidently to the stool. He seemed rude to me. 

"Slytherin." 

The Slytherin table errupted in cheers, and Kellen walked over to them. He sat in between Blaise Zabini and Harry Potter. 

"Cavendish, Grace."

A girl who looked like Kellen went and put on the Hat. She must be his sister. The Hat took a long time deciding for this girl. She looked pale, which reminded me of the time I'd worn the Sorting Hat. The hat had been about to put me in Slytherin, but I'd begged it not to. As a result, I was put in Gryffindor. 

"Ravenclaw."

She smiled, and sat next to Luna. Luna grinned at her, and the girls started talking. Grace wore a huge smile on her face, and I felt a small smile slip onto my own face. Luna had that effect on people. 

"Clark, Isabella!" McGongall shouted.

The girl Emily had been talking with looked at Emily, her blue eyes nervous. Then she stepped up to the stool slowly. She seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen her before.

"Gryffindor!" The hat said.

Isabella went to sit next to Neville. Neville looked shy, and slightly pink in the cheeks. Isabella smiled and seemed very friendly. I swear I've seen her somewhere before. 

"Collins, Blair!" McGongall said.

A thin girl that could only be Blair got up slowly. She pushed her black bangs out of her face, and glared at everyone who looked her way. By the looks of her, she would be In Slytherin. She sat down, and McGonagall placed the Hat on her head. 

"Hufflepuff." The hat said.

The Hufflepuff table erupted in cheers, but nobody was paying attention. We were all focusing on Blair. She was displeased with this answer. Blair screamed. "I'm going home! I don't want to be in Hufflepuff! Hufllepuff is for losers!"

Everyone gasped as McGonagall cast a Silencing Charm on the girl, and led her outside the Hall. She then gave the girl to Filch, and went back to the front of the hall to call the next name.

Hannah Abbott looked deeply offended. 

"Davies, Flora!" She said.

Flora went up to the stool, and looked at all the students, wide-eyed. She had big doe-like blue eyes and pretty blonde hair. 

"Slytherin!" The hat yelled.

Well, I don't think anyone was expecting that. The Slytherin table cheered loudly. Flora didn't seem to notice though, she just bounded across the hall and sat with Maisie and Hermione.