Meeting Them

Aliyah POV:

I breathed out a sigh in relief as I stepped out of the jet. Alhamdulillah. Everything went fine and we are safe and sound. I turned around and waited for Rehan to come out. The journey had been pretty good, not as sad and lame as the time we went to Dubai. We actually made some conversation and I almost had a heart failure when Rehan mentioned that we would have to share a house with 2 male friends of his. 

Not one but TWO.

How am I gonna live in a house with 2 males that I didn't even know? And then he said that their family also lives there, meaning I'm not the only female there. Thank you Allah.

Rehan taps my shoulder and I shake my thoughts away. I was nervous. What if his friends didn't like me? What if the family didn't like me? I was about to ask when

"Don't worry, they won't hate you. No tension, wifey." Rehan said. Wifey. Huh..Nice name.. I look at him  with a nervous smile and he chuckles. I look away, a slight smile playing at my lips. We get into a car and I close my eyes, relishing the feel of the cool breeze. It was not that cold, saying it was December, but this is Texas, not Chicago where I have lived my whole life. It feels weird to have such a warm December. 

I had a nervous feeling in my stomach, like something big is going to happen today. Something good. I shake my head and try to find some sleep. My eyes slowly closed in the dark of the day and I drifted into the beautiful but horrifying world of dreams. I needed that something good because all I could image was Rehan and another woman in his arms, I needed another picture. 

1 Hour Later.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I groaned. Someone tapped my shoulder again and I slowly open my eyes. I look at our surroundings before facing Rehan. 

"Where are we?" I ask groggily.

"We're home." He says with an encouraging  smile. I look at him with a small smile before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I can do this. I open my eyes and turn to open the door of the car while Rehan opens his. I smile as Rehan comes to grab my hand when I open the trunk to get the luggage and a tingly of butterflies run through my stomach. He shakes his head and signs me to move back.

"Choro, I will do it." I move back, a smile appearing at my lips. I look at the house again and feel something strange. I think its familiar. I think I've seen it before. But where? I've never been to Texas. I'm probably over guessing. Yea. That's probably it. I turn to look around the place, when

"Rehan?" A voice says. I feel like I heard that voice somewhere. Oh God, the nervousness is getting to me.

"Tu agaya?" The voice says and I think harder. I gasp and close my eyes and shake my head. I'm dreaming. 

"Kab aaya tu?" It says. My mouth opens and my eyes squeeze shut. I have to be dreaming. For sure. I will wake up any minute now. It can't be him. It can't be Shehry. It can't be THE Sheryaar Asif. Im dreaming.

"Bas abhi yaar! Warna tujhe call kyun kia hota?"Rehan asks in a teasing tone. Suddenly he turns towards me and puts his arm around me, turning me around. I look in front of me and my knees almost give up as my eyes widen. Come on, someone wake me up now! This dream is way too beautiful to be true. 

"Aliyah, meet my best friend Sheryaar Asif." He says, with a big smile but I still stare at him in wonder. Is this even real? I'm probably hallucinating.

It is dark outside, when we go inside I will figure this all out. I say a weak Salam and give a nervous smile, and a giddy feeling goes through me when he smiles and replies. He and Rehan take the luggage and we walk in with Rehan putting his arm around my waist and slowly walking with me. I look at him and he closes his eyes, taking deep breaths, signing me to watch him. Somehow, I felt a little bit calmer than before. A little bit.