Fragments

That night, I fell asleep with my tears. I didn't know what to do next. All I knew, was that I couldn't get attached to Rehan. He was a player, he didn't care about the rules of marriage, in Islam, and in civil ethics. 

I was hopelessly trying to hold up a marriage that had never been worth anything to him. 

Of course this would happen to me. Why wouldn't it? 

And would I confront him about it?

Hell no.

I would not expose myself. If he wanted to keep this hidden, and he didn't want to uphold this marriage, then why would I?

I was done trying. I wiped away some loose tears and got up from my bed.

5:30 AM. I took a long shower, and got ready with my belongings. We would reach Texas soon, and I couldn't shake off the feeling that things would only get worse from here. Last night was all about feeling sorry for myself, but from today, it would only be about my career and my success. My marriage was none of those, and I couldn't do anything about that. 

I was officially over my husband.

With that thought, I took a deep breath, and walked out of my room. I walked to the main room of the plane, where Rehan was sitting on his usual chair, eating eggs and toast, and drinking the usual black coffee. I stared at him for a second, trying to process how he could look so nice, but then was reminded of what he did with his looks. I looked away then, and plopped loudly onto my own chair. He, now realizing my presence, said a quick 'good morning'. 

Me being the angry me, looked at him straight in the eye and didn't respond. He looked at me weirdly and then looked away. After that incident, I refused to look at him and ate breakfast quickly. Gulping down the orange juice, I got up and walked back to my room. I decided to open up Instagram and was flooded by notifications. Of course the gorgeous billionaire getting married news would spread around.

I was tagged in the wedding pictures and comments as well, with many well-wishers expressing their happiness and prayers. Their words cheered me up as well, yet brought a certain disappointment that we would never be happy as we looked in the wedding pictures. My heart was full of a Pandora's box, yet I was trying to shut myself off.

I couldn't feel any pain if I turned my emotions off. If I fell, I wouldn't stand up again. And I couldn't fall now.

I was done falling. For people. For lies.

There was a knock on my door and I got up, fixed my Dupatta while it opened. I was faced by the most intense green eyes. It was hard not to look away from them, and I was caught in an intense stare as my hands abruptly stopped fixing my scarf. My scarf fell from my brown waves and dropped like a puddle near my chest. There was Rehan, looking as handsome as ever, with the most intense green eyes.

Forests clashed chocolate and I didn't look away, no matter how much my heart told me to. Suddenly, he stepped closer, almost touching me, and I backed away. My heart beat with full speed as I brought my hands to my chest and clenched them, as I looked away from him. 

This dance continued until I had reached the wall, and he was towering over me. 

My heart was erratic, my brain telling me to stop this, swirling with sounds that him and the hostess were emitting yesterday. My eyes watered, and I didn't look up as I pushed my hands to his chest and tried to push him away from me. 

'Please.' I mumbled, just about ready to start crying. Please. I had resorted to begging. Rehan heard my voice, and suddenly pushed away from me. 

'Are you okay? Aliyah, I would never do something to hurt you, you know that right?' His statement made me look up at him, now in anger, before my resolution came back. 

I pushed him away as soon as I could, and looked away from him.

'Yes, I'm fine. I need some time alone.' The moment was broken, with only fragments of my heart remaining.