PROLOGUE: The Hole of the Filthy Snake

Hanako

The blade of my scythe cut through the last body that tried to attack me. I clicked my tongue in disgust when drops of its blood fell on my face. That nasty liquid... The smell of it constantly reminded me of that night when my whole clan was massacred.

I tightened my hold on my weapon. I couldn't compare the blood of the Uchiha with that of some filthy, pathetic lab rats who served only to feed a greedy, sick snake and its experiments.

I glared coldly at all the lifeless corpses surrounding me, blood pooling around them-making them look like little islands in the middle of a red lake.

"You really have become powerful, Hanako-kun." I looked over to the man standing at the entrance of the small arena. The one who made me fight and kill mercilessly all his pawns just to measure my abilities after all these years.

"Orochimaru," I narrowed my eyes. "I believe I told you to drop the appositives. Coming from your mouth they're as degrading and disgusting as living in your wet and small hole you call hideout."

The snake man chuckled as he approached me. "Your own colorful language continues to amuse me to no end. I believe I will never be object of your respect."

I scoffed at the same time my lips tilted up into a mocking grin. "You might do, if you give me enough reasons to do so." My scythe disappeared from my hands as it became fire and consumed the air around it. "You trained me and gave me the scythe I now possess, besides helping me master all the jutsus from Uchiha Amane. I owe you that."

"Then in that case, I guess you have a reason to show me respect," he replied as he got closer.

"Respect is earned, not owed." I responded firmly. "I won't respect you as a favor for helping me. I'll respect you when you prove yourself worthy of it. But until now," I smirked as I walked past him. "You've only proven yourself to be a greedy snake, wanting to master all the techniques out there without a real purpose in life except of that of becoming the most powerful man on Earth." I halted on my steps as I turned my head to look at him from over my shoulder. "I can't respect someone without true ideals and an unjustified obsession towards power. That's just a childish dream, Orochimaru. I'll respect you, when you find a valuable reason for wanting so much power just for you. Although, I honestly doubt that."

"I see..." Orochimaru chuckled at that. "Funny that your sister and I were so similar-" He was cut off by a kunai that flew by his cheek and grazed his skin, making blood trickle down the cut.

"Don't ever compare yourself again to my sister, you filthy worm." I hissed lowly at him before putting my hand back down. "She was nothing like you."

"That's what you think at first." My blood started to boil when his lips tilted up into a twisted smile. "But when you compare the cards, we're pretty much the same, Hanako-kun. Both your sister and I had this insatiable obsession towards the unknown, it was only time until she followed my same path-" I activated my Sharingan and in a moment I was right inside of his mind.

"You better be careful when you speak about my family like that, you have to be ready to risk your life before playing around me." I muttered lowly right next to his ear. His body was completely paralyzed when he was under the influence of my jutsu. "My sister only cared about finding the origin of chakra and its abilities," I chuckled darkly at that. "When the answer was right in front of her."

"What do you mean by that?" he managed to ask still under the pressure my chakra exerted over him. I chuckled again. As disgusting as he might be, I still had to admit he could be considered a tough opponent-especially taking into account his high-resistance to most jutsu.

"Nothing you have to worry about." I undid the jutsu and turned away from him. "I guess it's time for me to get some answers as well." I stopped and looked at him for a moment. "Your body is weak, you should find a better vessel."

He fell to his knees at the same time he started panting. My brows furrowed when he suddenly started laughing. "Don't worry, I already have my eyes on a beautiful and powerful young body." He looked at me in such a creepy way that it made me narrow my eyes.

"You better stay away from me, or else I'll introduce you to the real Hell."

He chuckled again, getting back onto his feet. "Anyway, does that mean that your going back to Konohagakure?" My lips tilted up into a smirk before I turned away from him and towards the exit of the place.

"Yes." I entered the hall and walked slowly as I looked at all the caged people along it. "I'm dying to change the atmosphere around me."

"How can be the Village different from what you find here?" Orochimaru suddenly appeared in front of me and I looked up at him.

"I'm surprised you even compare the village to this hole." I said as I walked past him. "At least there, I have people to look up to." My eyes narrowed again. "And an unfinished business that I have to take care of."