Chapter 3: Over Halfway There

I'd been driving longer than I'd thought. I hadn't seen a town for a little while, the last road sign said 15 more miles until the next town. A town whose name I didn't bother to remember.

I had to stop there, I gotta take a break. My palms are sweaty from gripping the steering wheel. Thank god the rain stopped, I was close to stopping on the side of the road and staying there. I mean, Sam wouldn't notice that we didn't go all the way home, he's been asleep the past four hours anyways.

The streets were lined with lamp posts as we rolled into the tiny town. There was a park up ahead with a big parking lot. It was pretty shrouded by trees and shrubs, kind of off the street. It was a great place to stop and stretch my legs.

I slowed to a stop, taking up two parking spaces. I was too sleepy to care and it was close to ten o'clock so it's not gunna bug anyone anyways. We'd probably make it home around one, just like Sam said.

I switched off the engine, laying my head on the wheel and finally wiping my clammy hands on my jeans. I was tired but not as tired as the boys apparently, they've both been sound asleep since the gas station almost two hours ago.

The door squeeked loudly as I opened it, I stepped out onto the concrete. My back popped, stretching my arms and legs, popping my knuckles. The temperature had dropped a little and the ground was still wet. A bench sat lonely next to a tree and children's playground equipment was scattered all around.

I started to roam around the open space, hopping over mud puddles, just playing around. The moon finally came out as the rain clouds started to clear. It was a little chilly out but my flannel was warm enough.

I was looking off into the treeline where two birds chased eachother through the branches. My attention was brought to a hand on my shoulder. My first instinct was to punch. I threw I right hook, but the stranger blocked and grabbed my fist.

"Woah easy." Sam jumped, and let gi of my hand. He stuffed both of his hands in his jacket pockets.

"You scared the hell out of me, when did you wake up?" I rolled my sleeves down over my fingers.

"Well I woke up when Dean threw himself over the front seat and onto my legs in attempts to make me move so he could lay down." He glanced back at the car.

"Ah I see."

"Yeah he's currently passed out in the back seat again so I'll drive the rest of the way, we're over halfway there anyways. Come on, you look tired." He headed back toward the car.

I was tired, beyond tired at this point. Driving at night for that long stressed me out. When we both got to the car I slinked into the back with Dean. The seats are just wide enough for two people to lay down side by side.

He welcomed me and wrapped arms around me, pulling me as close as humanly possible. I took me a little while to relax and get comfortable. The hum of the engine started to mellow me out, making me want to sleep but I felt dirty, I really wanted a shower. I didn't want to be trapped in this damn car anymore.

I hope I sleep the whole way there. I want to wake up and be able to drown myself in a shower, then curl up in an actual bed.

I can't wait to be home.

A/N: This one was short, sorry. I'll try and make the next chapter longer.