CHAPTER 1

Four words chanted in his vacant mind.

She is fücking aggravating.

A surge of rage would cluster up in his body whenever he laid eyes on you. You were there every time he thought he could be a changed man. You were a leech sucking away at his sweet loving being, retrieving only the reckless and pitiless monster everyone knew. Three simple things you did were what worked him up so much.

One, as mentioned before, you were everywhere.

Two, you were a nasty fighter, clearly making you a match for the Winter Soldier.

And lastly, three, you would never shut your god dâmn mouth.

Each and every one of those aspects probed at the man mercilessly whenever he attempted to be patient.

The day the hate-at-first-sight had occurred between the two of you was unfortunate for Bucky Barnes, considering he wanted to lay low for a while since his encounter with Steve Rogers. As always, he wore a baseball cap that usually shadowed his features. He expected to rather smoothly get through the shrieking crowd but his heart stuttered a beat when the sound of shattering glass rippled to his ear. When he craned his head casually around and gleamed at the scenery around him, his superego kicked in, begging him to help. From what he could make out of the chaos was a man wounded as his body indented the hood of a fairly nice looking Benz. A panel of glass in the tall glistening building was broken, and police flocked the perimeters like bees swarming around a shrub. The billboards, the advertisements and the clear written name of the tower made it clear that it was the Bank of New York Mellon. There was one crime that associated the old coopers with the bank - robbery.

His head was fussy with him. Bucky would do anything in his power to avoid hurting people, but ever since his old pal Steve Rogers confronted him, his perspective of justice alongside violence began to evolve. Yes, he was a mindless monster, cold and detached assassin that killed without a blink of an eye. But he could change, if he took a breath and seized the opportunity to redeem himself. Captain America kicks aşs but in the end of the day, he's still considered the good guy. Bucky was still haunted by his memories to even attempt to ball his fists, but somehow, after days of trial, the man had convinced himself it was time to make a change.

Despite the rambling voices in his head, he calculated a decent plan in his mind.

Find a way inside the building without disrupting the police.

Save the civilians trapped inside.

Catch the robbers.

It seemed so simple that the soldier nearly caught himself smirking. Of course, no one likes to play easy. When the man found the least occupied entrance, he was immediately halted by a cop. "Sorry, I have to get by," the man muttered listlessly, almost butting shoulders with the police.

"Sir, I'm afraid I can't allow you to enter-" Impatient as he already was, the Winter Soldier threw a clean blow at the man's chin. The cop crashed to the ground unconscious. Bucky scanned his surrounding before hauling the man out of sight and stripped him of his pistol, bulletproof vest. Barnes carried on inside the lobby, hiding around the columns, ever so often, when he saw shadows loom over the tiled floor. He assumed it was the police, so he weaved around to the stairs where he trekked to the most hectic level singing with firing pistols.

When he got to the second floor, he realized that men were already on the ground, cuffed up to pillars and mildly unconscious. They were commonly dressed in dark clothes and face covered with bandanas. It was pathetic. They looked like a couple of thirteen year olds dressed up for Halloween with a fake guns in their pockets.