Chapter 2: Heavy Rain

The rain slowly started to get louder and louder upon hitting the roof. Dean started to mumble and complain under his breath. The drops got bigger, eventually drowning out the radio.

"Damnit." Dean bellowed, trying not to wake the now sleeping Sam in the passenger seat.

"What now?" I peeked over the seat again, returning my hand to its place on his neck. Dean drove slower, which was not something he did often.

"I can't see five feet in front of me, it's raining too hard." He huffed and slowed down even more. He grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"Dean, just stop at the next gas station. We can get out, walk around, get something to eat and take a breather. We'll just wait for the rain to cease a bit." I sat flat against the seat, buckling up for the first time the entire trip.

"Okay, alright." Dean grouched back at me. He sped up some and turned up the radio. "Don't you snap at me Mister, or I'll be the one beating your ass on the side of the road in the pouring rain." I leaned against door, pressing my temple against the cold window.

"Is that supposed to be a threat, (y/n)?" He cocked his head my way. I huffed at him and smacked him across the back if the head, then returned to leaning on the door.

It didn't take us long to get to the next town, the rain hadn't stopped at all. Dean was still mumbling comments under his breath, he always got this way when he was sleepy.

He pulled into the parking lot, stopping underneath the awning beside the gas pumps. The store itself was tiny and a little crappy, but it was good enough for us. Some of the lights were flickering and one of the windows was cracked, but it was still somewhere to take a break.

Dean got out and walked around the car a couple times while I attempted to wake Sam. Sam only grumbled and smacked my hand away. Guess he's not getting up.

I stepped out of the car and on the wet ground, my shoes soaking up some of the water, "gross." I closed the door and ran to the door quickly, soaking wet by the time I got inside.

The lady behind the counter looked at me with wide eyes. She had ratty brown hair, tucked in a bun placed on top of her head, along with a annoyed look on her face.

"Bathroom?" I asked as nicely as possible.

All she did was point toward the back of the building, and she managed to do that in a rude manner. She then went back to messing with her phone, totally ignoring Dean when he entered the store.

I headed on to the bathroom, trying to avoid the dirty floor and overflowing trash can. She doesn't do her job very well, must be too busy sending nudes and scrolling tumblr or something.

The bathroom, god, the bathroom was the worst. Only one of the four toilets worked, plus there wasn't even hot water in the sink. There was no toilet paper in the only working stall, and there was no paper towels.

Once I used the bathroom and washed my hands in cold water I had to dry them on my pants. I'm pretty used to crap places like this, but this could be a nice place if somebody would actually take care of it.

I exited the bathroom and went to find Dean, but I found a groggy Sam instead. "What woke you up?" I asked him, grabbing a candy bar from beside me.

"I decided I needed to pee." and he sleepily walked toward the men's bathroom. Well alrighty then. I continued to look around, I finally noticed Dean outside pumping gas into the car.

Surprisingly there's a deli in this crap covienient store, at least they have some food. I was starving from the past two hour ride, we still have a five hour drive left. I grabbed us all drinks and something to eat, buying the candy bar too.

I had to brave the rain again to get to the car, it still hadn't let up any since we stopped. Dean's probably even more grumpy by now, the longer he's awake the more testy he becomes.

I ran as quick as before to the car, still getting soaked in the process. I put everything in the front seat, finding Dean asleep in the passenger seat. Sam finally waddled his way to the car, but he piled into the back and went right back to sleep.

"Oh come on guys I bought food." I shook a paper bag filled with burritos. They only moaned in compliance but didn't budge, "I guess I'm driving now."

Lucky for me a little while after I'd hit the road, the rain stopped. I could listen to whatever I want on the radio and drive the speed limit, or faster. They won't wake for a little while, Dean's exhausted and definitely passed out. Light snores were eminating from him.

I didn't mind driving. The Impala is a beautiful car, she'd became my Baby too. I loved her, but not as much as Dean did. There weren't many cars out right about now, it was a dark back road plus it was storming.

The ride was quite peaceful with nobody awake to bitch about anything. But I'd only driven a little over twenty minutes, the rain started again, harder than before. It made me have to slow back down to a steady 30 mph.

I hated this crap, but I have to make a dent in this road trip while the boys are sleeping and not arguing with each other. Anyways, I can drive perfectly fine in heavy rain.

A/N: How was that?