Calum Thinks You Have Been Cheating

"What is this?" Calum's voice is a hoarse whisper. He slams down a gossip magazine in front of you on the table. Across the front of it were written the words 'Calum's Girlfriend A Cheater?' And 'Girlfriend caught With Another Man.' You glanced at them and didn't even bat an eyelid.

"Come on Calum, we both know these stupid magazines write nothing but crap."

But Calum doesn't move. He just stands there. "You're pretty close to that guy in those pictures," He whispers again, as though he can't manage to speak.

You look up up and his normally happy, sparkling eyes are now brimming with sad tears. "Calum, That's my..." You start.

But you're cut off. "No, I don't want to hear it." He moves away as if in shock. "I can't believe you'd do this."

You start to get angry. It was your cousin in that picture who had come into town for the weekend and you'd gone out with along with a few of your friends. The paparazzi had been following you around since you and Calum had made your relationship official, just waiting for son gossip. Well they got what they wanted. But how dare Calum assume you were cheating? After everything?

"And I can't believe you'd believe one of these shitty magazines! Why don't you trust me?!" You begin to raise your voice.

"What, you think this hasn't happened to me before? I'm not stupid. I'm not going to let this happen again."

"Happen again? Cal I thought you knew me. I thought you knew me well enough to know I would NEVER do anything like that!" Tears are streaming down both yours and his face. You can't believe this is actually happening.

"I thought I did," Calum muttered, running a hand through his hair frustratedly. "I can't stay here. I have to go."

"What, you're just going to bail on us?"

"I think you already did," Calum said, grabbing his jacket and exiting the house, slamming the door behind him.

For a moment you just stand there but then it hits you. He's gone. He's really gone.

And it's not even for a proper reason. Why couldn't he have just let you speak? Then he'd understand!

You crumple onto the, a mess of sobbing and tears. You don't know what to do or say or think. But all you do know is that Calum is gone. It feels like a hole has been left in your heart.

You stay there for about 10 minutes, not wanting to move. Maybe not ever. Suddenly your cell phone rings loudly, making you jump. You pick it up to see the caller ID: Michael. He'd probably heard about what had happened.

You picked it up and before you could even speak Michael was talking.

"What the hell happened?!" He was almost yelling. "What did you do?!"

You sighed. "I didn't do anything Michael, please listen..."

"What do you mean?" It seemed Michael was calming down.

"The guy in that picture is my cousin. I never cheated. The picture is of me trying to hold him up after he drank a bit too much. Please Michael, you have to believe me, it's the truth," You try to talk fast, so as to not be interrupted again.

"I believe you," Michael said. You breathed a sigh of relief. "Look, I'll talk to Calum. I'm sure he'll understand, it's just whenever he gets angry he stops thinking. He'll come round."

"Thank you so much," You said.

"No problem, I'll talk to you later, bye!"

"Buh-bye," You then hung up and sat down at the table again, staring down at the magazine who's lies may just have ruined your relationship.

--------------

About an hour later there's a quiet knock at the door. Tired from all the crying, you drag yourself up from the chair you were still sitting on and made your way to open it.

Outside is a red eyed and nervous looking Calum. You just look at him, not sure what to say.

"I'm a jerk," He says bluntly. You can't help but chuckle.

"No you're not," You reply.

"Yes I am. I'm so so sorry," He says, then pulls you into a tight hug. "I should've listened to you." He mumbles into your ear.

You don't say anything again, lost for words. You just inhale his sweet aftershave. It may sound weird but you missed him. Even if it was just for a couple of hours.

He pulled away. "I think I'm just scared. I'm scared that I'm not good enough for you. You're so beautiful and perfect and I'm just... Me."

"Don't ever say that Calum. You're perfect," You say, looking into his eyes, and then kiss his nose gently.

He smiles. "I love you," He whispers, before pulling you into a deep and loving kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; There you go, hope you like it! Let me know what you think, I'd really like your opinions. (:

Sorry if there are any errors in grammar, spelling or tenses, I haven't had the chance to read over it. Sorry!

Thanks for reading! xx