Secrets Part 3

Taylor’s POV

Matthew just asked me out on our first official date. The lunch at school, technically, really didn’t count. Before that, though, I had a lot to do. I had to go and talk to Leslie about what happened yesterday. I had to go home and cook dinner for Dad since mom texted that she was going to be late. Also, I had to have time to do all of my homework. I can’t just be a slacker even though I had all good grades. In only 2 years I was off to college. I didn’t want to go to a crappy college. I want to go to a good college and get a job afterwards and make my life easy.

I walked out of the school building to go meet Leslie. She was waiting in front of the building with a guy. Whoa! I started walking faster now. I really did want to know about the guy and everything.

“Hey, Leslie” I said.

“Hey,” she said back.

I didn’t want that guy to know that we weren’t talking to each other so I just played the little game.

“So, who is he?” I ask as if I would be interested one bit.

“Oh, this is Drew,” she gave me a face: ‘don’t ask anything else.’

“Bye, Drew,” I said trying to get him go away. And so he left.

“You knew better that we were going to meet up here. Now you show up with your boyfriend and ignoring me.”

I was upset by the fact that she didn’t introduce me to her boyfriend until I asked her to.

“I don’t understand Taylor. I really, honestly don’t. At one point you are angry with me because I told your name to some guy and then you are mad at me because I ignored you, which both of us know that I didn’t,” she said.

It looked as if that upset her.

“Okay. Look, I didn’t ask you to come here to tell me what I do or you do wrong. I just wanted to talk to you and clear things up.” That was only one part of the truth.

“Okay, then. What do you want me to do?” she asked with a really calm but also annoying tone.

“We are not here to fight, okay. I just want to know why you did it. Why you told my name to” -I put my fingers in an air quote around the word- “Rome?”

“Look, I don’t know how many times to tell you, but I am truly, honestly sorry. I really didn’t mean to. I was drunk, okay. I didn’t know what I was doing.”

She said her mood going down. Maybe she really didn’t want me to know that she was drunk. I don’t know.

“Drunk?” I ask not believing. “How can you get drunk in five minutes? I mean come on even I know about all that.”

“Look, promise not to tell this to anyone. Not even Jake. Nobody can know about this. So did you forgive me?”

“I made that decision before I came to school. I just wanted to talk to you about… Well, about yesterday. By the way, I forgive you.” I said and opened my arms to give her a hug.

“So anyways, where were you yesterday?” she never missed out anything that I did.

Always wanted to know every detail for every thing- a typical BFF.

“Well, I was with Matt,” and then I blushed.

“Wait with Matt as in Matthew Norman?” she asked as if she didn’t expect to hear the real answer but I said anyways, “Matt as in Matthew Norman. He happens to be my boyfriend.”

“Whoa. Slow down girl. It’s only been a day. How did you… so fast…? Tell me everything. Like what did he say, exactly, when he asked you out?”

It was true. It did happen really fast.

“Well, he didn’t really ask me out. I told him that I loved him and he asked me to be his girlfriend,” and told the whole story.

That made me feel a lot better now. Having someone that listens to you is the greatest thing when you have a lot to tell that person.

I told her about the date and she started “You know don’t make a big deal out of this okay because if you do, you might get nervous. It might ruin everything…” she rushed through a lot of details.

“Calm down Leslie. I am the one going on the date. I know what to do. At least I think I do. Anyhow, it is a big deal for me whether you tell me it should or shouldn’t be. If I make a mistake or mess it up I will have to deal with it. That’s just how it works. Always. So, you want to help me choose my outfit?” I asked sweetly at the end.

She nodded. Then we went to Jake’s car. He was already waiting there for us. I guess he didn’t want to get in trouble since he was in charge of taking us home or school, so he didn’t leave.

“I see you guys smiling. So you’re cool now?” asked. He looked happy to see us smiling.

“Yeah, I said. I just wanted her to explain me why she told my name and apparently it was just a stupid mistake that we all make. But anyways, the only thing matters that we made up.”

“Yeah, I just made a stupid mistake but she is not really mad at me for that. As a matter of fact, she is happy about it.” Leslie said explaining more.

“I’m glad that things worked out in between you two. I don’t have to think of ways to get you guys together anymore, hopefully.” He turned to me then smiled.

I had to go home, do my homework, do my chores, cook for dad, and get ready for my date. Maybe all this is a lot but it is worth everything. All the things I have: just priceless. I love my family, my school and my friends and my life. It is just so perfect that sometimes I am afraid that it’s a dream.