Truce: Chapter 11

Natasha's POV:

    Now, the night, is coming to an end,

The sun, will rise, and we will try again.

Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
You will die, but now your life, is free,

Take,
Pride,
In what is sure,
To,
Die.

I, will fear, the night again,

I hope, I'm not, my only friend.

Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
You will die, but now your life, is free,

Take,
Pride,
In what is sure,
To,
Die.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    I am woken up my someone shaking my shoulder, and pulling out my earphones.

   "Natasha, we landed," Steve says softly.

    I sit up, letting those lyrics run through my head. I stare at my hands thinking about how I am internally suffocating. 'I'll be fine. I'm fine.' I tell myself.

   I get up and grab my bags from above me, tuning out anyone and anything around me. I put my earphones back in and play that song again. 'Truce.'

I walk to the taxi with the rest of the team behind me.

I feel like my emotions are taking over my whole body, leaving me so vulnerable to anything. Everything.

Music creates this barrier around me, protecting me from the deadly feelings around me. But that's one thing no one understands. So everyone breaks the barrier around me and stabs me with their words.

I climb into the back of the taxi and look out the window. Steve climbs in next to me and I can feel his eyes are in me.

  "What do you want?" I ask, pulling out my earbuds and turning to face him.

His eyes are filled with worry.

We sit in silence for what feels like eternity. I took the time to see every detail of his eyes. Every flaw on his face.

His touch brings me back to reality when he grabs my face and puts his lips to mine. I don't hesitate to kiss him back.

My tears threaten to spill, and I can't keep them in.

We kiss. I cry.

He stays.

A.N:

  Sorry for the wait! I have been SUPER busy, but mostly too lazy to do anything. Sorry if this sucks, but it only took me 20 minutes.

~Serafina