Socks and a Seven Nation Army: Chapter 8

Natasha's POV:

The whole team sits in the living room, thinking of things to do. We are all in our pajamas, Tony is laying across the coffee table, and Clint is sitting on the top of the couch.

Bruce and Thor sit regularly on the couch, and Pepper is sitting on the recliner. Sam is sitting in the floor against the couch, and Steve and I lay on the ground, my legs laying horizontally across his stomach.

"I think we should have a Nerf gun war." I bring up. Tony gets up and screams something no one could understand. We all look at him with raised eyebrows, and he simply says, "Yea. Let's do that." He scratches the back of his head and I explain how it all goes down. "So we would do it in the dance room, and would all wear socks so we can slide around better. I'll let Tony pick the teams. But teams of two."

Tony says, "Okay. So, I'm gonna have red an spangles together because they are cute," I roll my eyes and laugh. He continues, "Sam and Clint, Bruce and Thor, and finally Pepper and me."

We all go with it and Steve goes and grabs the guns, as the rest of the team grabs there favorite socks and heads up to the dance room. We get our guns and separate into our groups.

I set up the speakers and put on "Seven Nation Army, the Glitch Mob remix." I walk back over to Steve and yell, "GO!" We all start shooting each other, not even paying attention to where or who we shoot.

We are all screaming, and most of us don't even know why. We are laughing at each other for no reason, but we are all having fun together, and that was the goal. We do this for about an hour,after that we all take a break and eat lunch.

We talk about random things, like weird dreams, awkward public happenings (mostly Tony), and family. I keep quiet during that topic because my family was killed, and I don't like talking about it.

"Why are you so quiet, Nat?" Pepper asks. Her eyes are filled with worry, and everyone stares at me. "I don't like to talk about my family. It's not my favorite topic.." I say looking down at my feet. Pepper gets up and grabs my hand. "What are you-" she pulls me into the living room, and pushes me on the couch.

"Talk to me, girly." I sigh and look down. I am going to tell her because I need to get my emotions out and Pepper would understand. "Okay, I'm most likely going to cry because my emotions will get the best of me. So don't judge me." I take a deep breath and begin telling her my life story.

A.N:
Thank you guys so much for waiting and I know, I left you on a cliffhanger but, oh well😂 thank you again for waiting patiently and reading! I love you all and I will write out another chapter hopefully in a couple of days!!
And go follow and/or read EnthusiaticReader27 's story because she is my favorite lil person and go read KeiraEggert 's stories because she is my lil fav too!
~Roman-ogers❤️