911 Phone Calls; Chapter 6

Natasha's POV:

I wake up with sweat dripping from my forehead. Another nightmare. Again. I sit up, blink slowly and sigh. I brush my hair out of my face with my fingers, and look back to see Steve sleeping soundly next to me.

What did I do? I let myself free to someone else who could hurt me. I am so stupid! I don't know what I was thinking and I opened up. I can't do this again. I was hurt really bad the last time, and I can't let it happen again.

I feel tears fall down my face thinking of the past, how my parents left me, my boyfriend, at the time, was all I had left so he took care of me. After a while he started to hit me, kick and punch me, lock me up in a room and starve me for weeks. After a year I finally decided to call the cops. I knew I should have done it earlier, but I was young and didn't know what to do.

I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom. I run the sink and gather water in my cupped hands, as I splash the water onto my face. I turn off the sink and dry my face. I stare at myself in the mirror and think of all the crazy happenings lately.

A husky voice interrupts my train of thought, and I whip my head to the door. Steve stands at the entrance, his blue eyes piercing my green ones. "Are you okay?" He asks. I nod my head and say, "Yea. Just, thinking." I smile ever so slightly, and slide my way out of the bathroom.

I sit on the side of the bed, thinking to myself, 'Should I tell him how I feel? About my past and what happened and why I am afraid?' I look up to Steve, who is standing right in front of me, and I ask him, "Can I tell you something?" "Of course." He replies with concern. "I don't think that, um, dating is a good idea for me, and I don't want to get hurt again. I'm sorry. But I can't do this." I feel tears forming in my eyes, and a few fall down my cheeks.

V"Hey," He grabs my face and wipes my tears with his thumbs. "I'm not gonna hurt you. And I understand if you don't want to. I really do. So we will just be friends." He gives me a loving smile and pulls me into a hug.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I walk down the beach, close enough to the water, it touches my feet. I am alone, but I feel like there are thousands of people holding me down so I can't move. Walking relives the pain, but not enough. My past still runs through my mind, killing off all happy thoughts.

I sit down in the sand, letting the water wade close to me. The water keeps rising as my mind blanks out every thought in my head and every object around me.

I come back to reality when I feel the water at my waist. "Oh sh-!" I whisper to myself. I get up and walk to the cabin. I open the door and see Steve sitting in bed with his nerd glasses reading The Fault in Our Stars.

"Ah, so you finally got up to reading it, old man?" I say laughing. "Hey, no name calling, redhead. And just to ask, why are your clothes all wet?" "The water got the best of me. It never lets me think." I try not to sound cliché, but it just kinda happens. I grab a pair of sweats and a tank top, underwear, ( duh,) and head to the bathroom.

I close the door and lock it, turning on the light as well. I take my hair out of its bun, and strip off my clothes. I turn the shower on hot, really hot, because that's just how I like it. I step into the shower, letting the water burn my scarred skin.

My past was hell and I just don't want to go through it again. I don't want to see other people go through something like it.

I take my razor and place it on my wrist. I can't think right now. I want to die. I press it down, and slide it to the left and right. I bite my lip as the blood colors the water. It burns, but I, unfortunately, am enjoying it. I feel tears fall from my eyes. Not from the pain, but from the feeling in my head.

I place it higher up and press down hard. I do the most regretful thing. I pull down. I scream out in pain as the blood spills from my arm.

"NATASHA?!?" I hear Steve yell. I fall to the ground as the door gets busted. I am crying. I am bleeding. I'm gonna die. "Call 911 NOW!" He yells again. "Please, darling, stay with me. I love you. Please, Natasha." That was the last thing I heard before drifting off into blackness.

A.N:
Hello, hello!! Sorry for taking a bit to update, but wow!! 80 views already? I thought it was gonna get up to 6 views and be 6 views forever! Thank you, and have a wonderful day!!😋