"Raye, lets go." August walked into Raye's room, wearing a grey Nike sweatshirt and joggers.

"Leave me alone, August, I don't feel like dealing with your petty ass tonight." 

August smacked his teeth and continued into Raye's room.

"Look, I'm sorry about the other night, all that was uncalled for."

Raye looked at her nails, ignoring him. 

"We gotta go grocery shopping."

"At 9 p.m?" 

"I like to go out later, don't have to be waiting in lines and shit, come on." 

Raye smacked her teeth, she wasn't going to go, but knowing August he wouldn't have gotten her what she wanted if she didn't tag along. After excusing himself from the room, Raye slid on her pajama shorts and a black Nike hoodie before throwing her curly black hair into a bun on top of her head. 

"I'm ready, August." She walked into his room, which was the original guest room.

"Aight, let's go." He grabbed his keys and his wallet. 

Tyler was letting August live with him without paying rent as long as August took care of gas in both of their cars, groceries and any other things they would need in the apartment. Raye sat in the passenger seat of August's truck and they soon headed to Walmart.

"What we here fa?" August looked at Raye.

"We need milk, cereal, eggs.. I don't know, the basics."

August got out of the car, and then opened Raye's door, assisting her get out of the truck.

"I got it." She mumbled.

They walked into the store silently and Raye payed most of her attention to her phone while August pushed the cart.

"Why are you so mad at me?" He finally spoke up after 5 minutes of silence.

"Because you and Chris treat me like a fucking prize, August. Nobody won anything. I don't even want to be with any of you guys as of right now. You knew I was feelin' Chris too, and you went out of your way to bring up the past to him? Who does that? Isn't that supposed to be your nigga?" She gave him plenty of attitude.

"Okay Raye, I get that, but you know how I feel about you."

"I don't August.  That's the thing, yeah we flirted and messed around but it was never serious, you never wanted to get serious until you started seeing me with Chris."

"I have your best interest at heart."

"And whats that? You?"

"You'll see, Raye." 

*

The two finished their shopping and piled all of their bags into the car. August turned down the smooth sound of PND's voice on the radio, starting conversation with Raye.

"I have a question."

"Yeah?" She applied her EOS. 

"You know how you and Chris set up that lil trial thing, and if you liked it you would be his girl? If not , you'd cut it off?"

Raye sighed and looked at August.

"Where are you going with this?" 

"Would you ever give me a chance like that?" He licked his lips.

"August, Chris and I just broke up three days ago." 

"The relationship lasted like a week and a half, Raye."