3

"Hey Symph." I said, walking into Ms.Karens house, "and the beautiful Karen herself, happy birthday." I kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, Christopher."

I went into the kitchen to see what they had cooking up when I felt a smack on the back of my neck.

"Chris stay out the pots." I turned around to see my mom.

"Hi mommy." I hugged her tight, I'm a huge mommas boy.

"What's going on? Your girlfriend called."

"Leah?" I looked at her.

"Mhm."

"What she say?"

"The wedding is off."

I heard Symphani choke. I turned and looked at her.

"What wedding, Ms.Joyce?"

"Chris and Leah were getting married he didn't tell you?"

"No, he didn't actually."

"The wedding was cancelled a long time ago, the ring I just got back though."

"You were engaged?!" Symphani asked, upset.

"Why does that matter to you?" Her mom asked her.

"Because Chris and I .."

I grabbed my phone and texted my friend Matthew, telling him to call me and pretend to be my boss. My phone rang and I picked up.

"What's up, Matthew?" I stood up, "ma I gotta take this." I walked out, "thanks man, I owe you."

I came back into the room after about 3 minutes. Symphani glared at me.

"Chris can we talk for a minute ?"

"Babe, I gotta go."

"Babe?" My mom looked at me.

"It's nothing." I said, looking at Symphani, "nothing."

She rolled her eyes. I walked out the house after saying goodbye. I didn't wanna be put in that position today, I just wasn't feeling it. I'm trying to be a more positive person.

"RAYE." I shouted as soon as she answered the phone. I heard her giggle.

"What's up, Chris?"

"I'm driving around the city, what's the move for today?"

"Is that your way of asking me to hang out?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Well actually I'm on my way to Nobu now, if you wanted to come."

"Are you going on a date ?"

"No."

"I'll pull up then."

"Okay, I'll meet you outside."

I continued driving down the road, I was actually headed that way.

"I want you to be mine again baby." I sang along to the radio, pulling up into a parking space. I sprayed breath spray into my mouth and looked in the mirror. Raye is a beautiful girl and I wanna look my best for her. I got out the car and stood by the door, waiting. I waited for about 3 more minutes until I saw her walk up. Her curly hair was straight, tamed by a black snapback.

"Damn." I mumbled.

"Hey." She smiled.

I grabbed her and pulled her close to me.

"Hi." I wrapped my arms around her tight.

She laughed, "Chris let go." I kissed her cheek and then walked her in.

"Just a table for two ?" The receptionist asked, smiling.

"Yes, ma'am."

I wrapped my arms around Raye from the back. I sensed that she tensed up for a minute, but then she relaxed. We were seated and the lady walked off.

"So what is this a date?" She smirked.

I sipped the ice water in front of me.

"It's us hanging out, unless you want it to be one."

   She shrugged.

"Does Symph know about us hanging out?"

"Why would she care?"

"I mean, you're like her brother." Raye smiled. I chuckled a little bit.

"Nah, she wouldn't mind."

She sipped her water out of a straw, avoiding lipstick stains.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your smile is ?"

She smiled, looking down.

"Not after they bullied me for years, no."

"I didn't mean that shit,Raye. I was young and stupid."

"And what are you now ?" She asked sarcastically.

"Charming. And if you want, I'll be yours."

She rolled her eyes.

"Look, the thing about this whole thing is, I've never been in a relationship with anyone or anything like that, so I feel like maybe you're pushing it just a little."

"Was it the kiss on the cheek?"

She laughed.

"It's the hugging from behind, and your spit game."

"I can stop all that." I said,"if you want."

"Just slow it down Chris, this is only our 2nd time we've actually hung out just us. Let's take it slow."

"I got you." I licked my lips, "I understand."

"Thanks." She bit her bottom lip.

*

Raye grinded on me & kissed my neck softly as the beat to "Or Nah" played.

"So much for taking it slow." I laughed at her.

She was drunk as fuck. We ended up sitting at Nobu for a half an hour with no service, so we ditched, got In & Out and went back to my place, where I was having a little get together. To tell the truth, we're both gone, but Raye is by far more drunk than me, that girl can drink.

"Chrissssssss," She smiled, tugging on my curls.

"What's up?"

"Take me home."

"Home where?"

"Your place." She bit her lip.

"Girl we're here already. Let me take you upstairs, you're drunk I don't need you getting into trouble, you're still a minor."

"What?" She said loudly.

"Let's go." I picked her up & headed upstairs.

"Damn Chris, you betta get that!" I heard one of my friends shout and everyone began laughing.

I went in my room and laid her down, putting a trash can near the bed.

"Stay in here." I told her.

I went downstairs and started kicking everyone out.

"Alright y'all, party's over. Find your designated driver and get the hell out.

After about 20 minutes, everyone was gone and the living room was pretty clean. There was a lot of leftover alcohol, but it'll come in handy one day.

I stripped out of my shirt and headed to my room. She was knocked out, half naked. I smiled and kissed her cheek. She's a whole different Person when she drinks. Out of nowhere the doorbell rang, and I wasn't sure who it was. I went to the door and opened it slowly, only to see Symphani in a long, black trench coat.

"Can I come in?"