Unsolicited Intruder (Kaider)

S/O to ohsnapitzcloe for this prompt!

Cinder grunted as she heaved an engine up on the top shelf in the storage room. Never had she ever been more grateful for the muscle she'd built from being in the army. Unfortunately, she was only able to serve for three years after her encampment had been bombed, leaving her without a left hand, leg, and eye.

Once she managed to stuff the engine in it's space, Cinder heard the bell on the front desk ding, signaling a customer was waiting. She brushed away the hairs clinging to her sweaty forehead and made her way to the front. She groaned when she saw who it was. He had dark hair that fell to his eyebrows and eyes that could melt the south pole. Easily the handsomest man in the country, though Thorne, her friend, would beg to differ.

"What are you doing here?" Cinder asked him, "Shouldn't you be at work?"

Kai smiled, "Oh, hey, Cinder! I didn't know you worked here. How are you today?" She rolled her eyes.

"You really shouldn't be here. My boss is going to throw a hissy fit if he sees."

"I'm glad you're doing well."

"Seriously."

"I'm doing great, too, thank you for asking."

In the corner of her eye, Cinder saw her boss exit his office. "Cinder!" he said, voice raised.

She flinched. "Hello, I'm Cinder," she said in a high, bright voice. She grimaced at how fake she sounded. "Can I help you with something?"

Kai's eyes flicked over Cinder's shoulder and back to her. He gave a large smile, blinding her for just a split second. "Oh, yes. I have... uh... my car seems to be having some... troubles." He said, "I don't know what it is... could you take a look at it?"

Cinder looked back at her boss. "It'll only take a second." she said. Her boss nodded and motioned for her to leave.

Once she and Kai had exited the building, Cinder smacked him in his arm with her metal hand. "I cannot believe you, Kaito."

He laughed and pushed her playfully, "He's just jealous you're already taken."

Cinder made a face of pure disgust, "Kai! He's like sixty!"

They made their way to Kai's polished, black Mercedes laughing. Cinder checked all around the car, inside and out, with it on and off, yet nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Uh, Kai," she said, climbing out from under the car, "there isn't anything wrong with it."

He doubled over laughing. Almost maniacally. "Oh, Cinder--" more laughing, "I know-- I know that. I just wanted to be alone with you."

Cinder frowned and hit his shoulder with her wrench. She was beyond annoyed at this point. "I'll say it again, I cannot believe you! You know I actually have work to do!" She hit him again.

Kai recovered from his laughing fit and rubbed his shoulder. "I know, and I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself."

"Couldn't help myself, my ass." She replied, "Goodbye, Kai." She smirked.

He grinned, "Goodbye, Cinder."

Cinder turned and walked back to the shop with a stupid smile on her face.

---------------------------------------------

Send my more prompts!