Friends.

It's a short chapter but I still hope you enjoy it. Listen to the song as you read. Thank you for the song suggestion CottonCandy_Hayes .
______________________________

I hadn't even made it two steps before I heard footsteps coming down the hallway after me.

Oh, Hayes. You really have no idea what you're getting yourself into do you?

I stopped walking turned around and saw him. I made my way over to him. "Don't you have any idea I want to girl wants to be left alone?"

"Apparently not. I told the teacher you didn't know where the nurses office was."

"I'm going to tell you something. And I just hope that it will scare you off. If you hang around me any longer you will be killed."

"Well that was really intense. Care to explain?" He asked. I really wasn't in the mood, I didn't want to tell him any more information that you need to know. I didn't need anyone putting me at risk. If any human found out about what I was they would probably just think that Hayes was crazy.

However, it was a completely different story with vampires. If another one of my new kind found out that I had expose myself they wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

I couldn't blame them really. They had to protect themselves if people actually did start to believe in vampires, we'd all be done. Humans and vampires.

"Just leave it alone Hayes," I said. "Can't this just be enough? Can't you just leave me alone?"

"It's weird Taty. It's weird because I don't want to."

"Did you just admit to being a stalker?" I wondered. Its not that he fit the stereo typical physical description of a stalker, but he did follow me home. He also won't leave me alone.

"It's not what I meant. I want to be around you, even though I don't know you that well. I want to be your friend."

"Well... With the way our "relationship" is going right now it doesn't really seem like you want to be friends. Friends don't follow each other home. Friends don't harass each other." I spit.

"I know and I'm sorry," Hayes said. He looked genuinely apologetic and also slightly angered. "Friends also don't make death threats. "If you hang around me any longer you'll be killed?"what's that all about?"

I sighed loudly. "I know you don't understand but it's for your own good. Can't you trust me we used to know each other once."

"What I'm saying is that we could know each other again. I'm not trying to be your boyfriend. I hardly even know you. And I don't see anyone else trying to be your friend, so are you acting like this?" He asked me. "I just like being around you. I don't know why but it makes me feel better."

"I'm trying to protect you." I said.

"I don't need to be protected." He replied.

"Friends?" He asked holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Yeah, friends." I replied taking his hand into mine and shaking it.