Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

"How do I look?" Amber asked. She was wearing a shiny, royal blue dress that was extremely tight at the top, and pooled out from the waist with delicate layers. Usually I would argue with her over the tightness of her apparel, but this one worked; her chest looked amazing. Her hair was pulled up in a tight bun, small strands of hair where spiral curled around her face. She had such a light layer of make-up on that she looked naturally beautiful. 

Aww, my little girl had finally grown up. She no longer looked like a science experiment gone wrong. 

"You look amazing," I said honestly.  

"Thanks, C." She smiled and then sat down on her bed and began packing things into her small black purse.  

Ever since the intervention, she had been easier to live with. She still annoyed me to no end with her non-stop talking, but that was all. I think it had something to do with her clothes. Now that they actually fit, she would be able to get adequate amounts of oxygen to her head, affectively allowing her to use her brain. She was probably even getting better grades.  

She wasn't constantly asking me how she looked, her skin was clearing up, and she was dating more than she had the first three years we had been together. I'm not saying this was all because of me, but it was. Ok yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

I was all ready to go. I had been so insanely nervous, that I had started getting ready hours too early. I had been sitting on my bed, in my dress, for the last hour.  

I had about ten minutes before I had to leave, so I climbed off my bed and headed into the bathroom. Everything was still in place. I had my hair pulled up almost the same as Amber's, except mine was loose and messy looking, but in a fashionable way. Well that's what the diva said who did it. I liked it, and that was all that mattered.  

I don't usually wear a lot of make-up, but tonight I allowed Janessa to give me silver and black smokey eyes. I felt like a totally different person. To keep a little of myself with me, I paired my dress with black converse shoes. At least I wouldn't get blisters from ridiculous heels.  

Once I was satisfied that nothing had changed in the last hour, I grabbed my mask and Amber, and we left the room. The boys offered to pick us up, but that was stupid. It wasn't like we were leaving the school, so I decided that we would just meet in front of the ballroom. It made more sense to me. 

We stopped a few door away from ours and grabbed Janessa, then we made our way to the ball. I'm not going to lie, I felt just like a princess, and I enjoyed it.  

When we rounded on the ballroom, I saw all three of our dates standing next to each other. Both James and Cameron, Mr. D's friend and Amber's date, were wearing black tuxedos. Cameron had on a royal blue tie and mask that matched Amber's dress. One side of his mask had black stones surrounding it, while the other side had none. It looked very mysterious.  

James had on a dark green vest with a white tie, his mask was white with dark green swirls all over it. I absolutely loved it, probably because I helped picked it out. I thought, at first, that the green would look awful with his red hair, but he was looking good, pulling it off flawlessly.  

Lastly, I let my eyes wander over to my date, Jason. He had on a white tux, with a black vest, and a black tie with white polka dots. My heart jumped a little at his tie, I didn't tell him about my dress so that meant he had to have put in some work to figure that out; how sweet.  

I smiled as my eyes trailed up from his tie to his mask. It was a simple, flat white, average masquerade mask; one you would see anywhere. That didn't bug me, if he would have worn an outrageous one, it wouldn't have been him. He looked perfect. He didn't need to be dramatic, like a certain someone.