Home Again

Jake's POV ( Anna's older brother)

      I can't believe I actually left 5 years ago to start a business with my best friend Celvon Alexander, I know I promised my sister that once there I would always contact her and with so much to do Chris, thought it was best if I didn't get distracted while working on our project. So I changed my phone number and changed my social media accounts so it was hard for Anna to find me. Now after many years I finally return home to where I use to live only to find out that my mother and sister moved to New York. With a dinner party there I guess I could find where they live, I'm guessing my sister has a  good job to be living in the city. Celvon who should also be attending the party of Thompson's Co-Operation Company get passed down to the son and also a special announcement to be made can't make it due to his mother being in the hospital, so as for both of us I'll be attending. 

     As I was driving to the house of the Thompson's I notice big signs of a women who looked oddly familiar but, I just couldn't pin point it as of who it was. As I saw one sign it said Miss. Winter's raising above all and the Winter part was my last name but, at the same time I knew the Winter's Fashion Industry was number 1 in the business world and I knew a women was behind this company but, never really got the chance to really see her face but, i heard she was really pretty. I have been so focused on the company that I have forgot about my personal life wanting to be at the top and take Winter's position. At this point driving I knew I was pretty late due to traffic and thinking to much but, I finally made it. Parking my IS300 I got out and made my way in noticing that everyone was inside the grand hall way where Mr.Thompson saying his speech as he finished he handed the company over to his son who knew as a kid growing up together and the stage where he can say his speech. As he spoke everyone knew that he did have someone but when he mentioned my sister's name, her owning the Winter's company and them getting engaged and to be married I was quite shocked but happy for her and as she went up I couldn't be more glad. As she looked around our eyes met I knew she was as shocked as I was but, as she turned away not even glancing at me again I knew she would't speak to me after all those years.

     After he made the announcement I made my way over to congratulate him and my sister but, the thing is Andrew doesn't even know its me, since we haven't spoken to one another in 5 years and the  A & W Co-Operation don't really take pictures so its hard to recognize us. As I made my way I tapped on Andrew's shoulder surprising him.

"WOW! Jake......JAKE HOLY!! Is that you, I haven't see you in ages.Jennifer you finally found your brother after searching for him for years? why didn't you say anything and that you invited him?"

"That's because I didn't find him nor invite him."

" Actually I'm here because I got invited well my partner and I from A&W Co-Operation" there I said it.

" Wait your apart of A&W, co-founded the company.....gosh you guys are so smart to start off with entertainment then build your way up"

" I'm gonna go now mother must be at home, I need to give her medication, I'll see you later Henry" as I was about to go after  her but, Andrew stopped me in my tracks.

"Jake....I don't think that's a good idea, after what you put her through all those years sleeping late, working hard and risking her health looking for you.....just give her space."

"Wait see searched for me....why.......I left them, stop talking to them, and when I tried getting in touch with them I was afraid that they would't accept me back to the family."

"Well no, they both truly care for you, especially your sister.She worked hard to get where she is and dedicated her own time looking for you thinking that something had happened to you. Just give her time and to be honest today was the first time in ages since i finally found your sister, if it wasn't for your mother." after he told me this I didn't know my mother had become ill thinking too much about me and father, and how she also thought that I abandon them. I was glad my mother set the arrange marriage between the two, and I knew this was coming along time ago when I saw the way Andrew looked at my sister. I asked Andrew to give the address to where my mother and sister lived and drove off.