Is This Something I'm Supposed To Be Excited About?

Chapter 2

            The draft made Candy shiver as her bed was right under the window. She hadn’t gotten a good night sleep as she heard screams coming from the hallway. She hated it here, as all the girls did. Candy could say in full confidence that the Lennox house what not a happy one.

            Candy slid out of her bed and made her way down the hallway as she hoped to find Shock, as she would know what they do in the morning.

            “Don’t struggle from me Bird, you know that I’m much stronger then you.” Blues voice rang through the dark hallway, he was definitely mad at one of the girls. “What was that, you're sorry are you? For making that Mr. Charleston unhappy with his perchase?”        

            Candy quickly ran to Blue’s office, which is where the noise was coming from. It has always been in Candy’s nature to help others in need and being in the Lennox house was not  going to change that.

            The strong Candy burst through the office, not thinking to even knock, and saw Bird with her long blond hair in a craze pushed up on the wall with Blues hands around her small neck. The struggling blond and Blue’s heads both turned, curious to know who had burst in through the office door.

            “Oh, Candy just the girl I wanted to see.” Blue said, dropping Bird to the ground as he focused all his attention to Candy. Bird quickly ran out of the room in a quiet sob.

            “What is it?” Candy asked as Blue gestured her to sit down, she did as he said as she was scared that he might start to shout at her like he had just done with Bird.

            “I have found the highest bidder for you; he is filthy rich and goes by the name of Mr. Wisner and he will pay anything for a beautiful girl like yourself. Mr. Wisner will come in a week.” Blue said, stroking Candy’s pale cheek. Candy was absolutely disgusted that a man could be this sleazy to actually let this happen to a seventeen year old girl. “You’re really a gem aren’t you? People like you have a voice of an angel.”

            It took awhile for Candy to answer as she was scared and not prepared to be sold to the highest bidder like a race horse.

            “I don’t know if I do, sir. As I have never had a teacher.” Candy said, as Blue moved his hand through Candy’s lushes hair, She didn’t have the stomach to look into his eyes without crying so instead she kept her eyes fixated on the gun on Blue's desk.

How many times has this man used that gun on the girls that have tried to escape? Candy asked herself.

“Great, we need a singer in our performances. You will be the new favorite.” Blue said, sounding excited.

Is this something I’m supposed to be excited about?

“Now run along, the girls will be in the dance studio.” Blue said opening the door for Candy, who moved through the door frame quite quickly as to get away from him.

“Thank you.” Candy said softly as she started to take the first couple of steps to the studio but Blue's hand grabbed her arm tightly which made her turn around to face the disgusting man.

“One more thing, don’t try to escape.” Blue said, looking Candy directly in the eyes, this made Candy frightened at what this man was capable of. “If you disobey me, you will end up like Baby Doll, or even worse, dead like so many others that have tried to escape. It would be a shame to lose you.”

It wouldn’t be for me if I get away from you, you basterd! Candy told herself feeling an instinct to hit him in the face.

“Run along.”

Candy’s eyes started to pour with water as she made her way down the long hallway quickly.

I don’t care what he says, I’m going to find a way out even if it kills me.

As she tuned the corner, she bumped into Knave who was also in a rush to get somewhere.

“Sorry.” Candy said as Knave helped her up to her feet.

“Its okay, I didn’t see you either.” he said smiling, and shaking his sandy blond hair.

How can he be so happy in a place like this?

The first thing candy had noticed about Knave is that he was different than Blue; his eyes, they had kindness in them.

“I should probably get to the dance studio.” Candy said walking past him.

“Yeah, I have to tell Blue that Shock tried to escape again.” Knave said rolling his eyes, Candy looked back at him as he mentioned Shock.

“Again?” Candy said.

Is this a weekly thing for Shock to do? .

“Yeah, I know right? I’ve been telling myself that for the past five days.” Knave said giving a confused look. “If she keeps doing this Blue will kill her. Anyway, I'll see you later.”

“Okay, bye.” Candy said as they parted there ways.

The first person who is generally nice.

________________________________________________________________________

Hope u like

comment and vote pretty please :D

xoxo DancingMoonlight3