(2) Present Times

Start from the beginning

"Earth to Emily!" Cynthia waves her hand infront of my face to catch my attention and I just swat it away.

"I'm listening, just carry on." I say distractedly.

"No you're not, you were completely spaced out!" Lucy states beside me.

"Yeah it's been happening since morning... You okay Em?" Jessica asks with concern.

"Yeah, is everything alright? You looked kind of worried." Cynthia asks sweetly.

"I'm fine guys, thanks." I smile at them then enter class while a few of them disperse to their own classes. The lesson has started already but us coming late isn't a problem as the teacher can't be bothered dealing with us and handing out detentions, because as crazy as it sounds, she would rather be on our good side.

While I walk to my seat, many people smile and wave at me while a few others shoot me sharp glares which I gladly return.

"What you looking at huh? Eyes down bitch," I say rudely to a girl who's looking at me with hatred. It looks like she wants to reply back as rudely but decides not to after seeing the others behind me.

Wait... If she hates me so much, is it possible that she took my diary?

I shake this thought out of my head and head to my seat, my best friends sitting beside me.

While the class goes on, I look at the people who I've made hate me, and wonder if they're the one who possibly stole my diary. But then I end up ruling them all out as I feel none of them could be cruel enough to do it.

But then anything is possible.

Ugh, who can it be?!

This thought had been chewing my brain out since Saturday, the day it went missing, and it still is. This is really annoying.

A few classes later Jaxon, Lucy's boyfriend, pushes open the doors to the cafeteria and we all walk in. In our large group is me, Jessica, Lucy, Cynthia and our boyfriends and our other friends from the basketball and cheerleading team. Nate being my boyfriend, Nick Jessica's, Jaxon Lucy's, Elliot Cynthia's, and the other three guys being James, Dean and Mark while two other girls are Alexi and Bianca. So all in all we were thirteen in a group. Quite a large one too compared to my friends circle three months back, that is, zero.

Unlike in the movies, instead of everyone turning gasping and admiring us and our new branded clothes, just a few people waved and smiled at us. One or two people tried to strike up a conversation with me, but as Jessica had thought me way in the beginning, I couldn't be bothered talking to them.

We bought our food and seated ourselves at our usual table which was placed at the right- centre near the window, which was where my place was too.

I stared out of the window and played around with my pasta on my plate which was yet still too hot to eat. In the middle of all the laughter and jokes that was going on at our table, Jaxon obnoxiously points out at two people who are walking to their table, minding their own businesses. I perk up as I hear their names though.

"God look at those two losers Jake and Lisa. Could they get any weirder?" Jaxon said arrogantly.

Although the others laughed and agreed, I frowned in disapproval but would never voiced it out. The two people who were being mocked at by my friends at the table, were the ones who mattered most to me before I changed and became this bitch that I am now.

Taking their seats was Jake and Lisa. Lisa was my ex best friend while Jake was the guy I was heavily crushing on. Just as we were getting closer and things were looking up for us, I changed and ruined everything after that. He hated me and it hurt so much, but I knew it was all my fault. I had broken off all ties with them even though Lisa was the only friend I had at that time. I deserved the filthy looks they gave me everyday.

I looked back at my plate and forked my pasta putting it in my mouth. I wasn't really enjoying it today which was a first as I loved pasta. How could I have enjoyed it when I was in such a terrible mood?

"Babe you look really down today? Is everything okay?" Nate asks putting his arm around my shoulders, his chocolate brown eyes looking at me with concern.

I smile at him and just nod saying everything's fine. He doesn't look convinced but doesn't push it and turns back to the conversation after kissing me on my cheek.

I sigh and quickly finish my food. A few minutes after the bell rings, we get up to head back to our classes. As we get out I stay at the front of the pack with the girls talking and the guys at the back talking about a local football match and then I hear a small commotion. I turn around to see what it is and only one thought fills my mind: shit.

Nick is pushing at Jake's shoulders angrily and Jake looks mightily pissed off at him. Lisa is standing to their side and even though her face is blank of emotions, I know that from inside she's scared. She never liked drama and getting attention, especially from people like Nick, Jessica's boyfriend.

"What's your problem you wimp?" Nick asks angrily.

Before Jake answers something stupid, I hurry to the front and step in between them.

"Forget it Nick, we're getting late to class anyways." this was something I hardly ever said as I never really cared about getting to class early.

"No, this thing needs to be taught a lesson," he says not even addressing him by his name. I don't know what happened between them as I was at the front, but whatever it was wasn't pretty.

"He's not worth it Nick. C'mon let's go." I say coolly and lead him away from Jake. As I give Jake one last glance before leaving, I see a bunch of mixed emotions in his eyes. The only one I can be sure of is hatred, other than that I have no idea.

"Why did you save his ass back there?" Alexi asks curiously.

"I.. I'm just not in the mood for drama today." I say and it's partially true.

"I get it, you don't even look too well today," she states sympathetically. I nod and give her a tight smile then wince as she roughly shoves a freshman kid as she walks.

"You still like him dont you?" Jessica whispers in my ears.

"No I don't... It's just, I cared about him once y'know? So it is kind of hard seeing him getting pushed around by my own friends..." I trail off. Jessica was the only one who knew about my friendship with Jake and Lisa.

"Yeah I get it. Just don't do that again or it may seem suspicious to others."

"Yeah sure."

The day ends soon and Jessica gives me a lift home like everyday, as I don't have a car and using my bicycle would just be foolish.

When I reach home, only my twelve year old brother Matt is there, playing video games. Neither of my parents are home as both of them are at work. We were just below a middle class family and the extra money was needed and I was refused to work by my parents as according to them it would have interfered with my studies.

I freshened up then made a sandwich for Matt and I as I was too lazy to make proper lunch.

After doing other house chores and completing my homework, I went to bed skipping dinner and hoping that when I wake up, my diary would be right under my pillow, in it's usual place. I could only dream for that to happen.

_______________________

Hai guys! How'd you find this chap?? Good, rubbish? Let me know in the comments section as they really matter and help me improve. Seriously. And if you're feeling kind vote too :)

Au revoir<3

P.S. Anyone wanna make me a banner? PM them to me :)