Chapter Seven: You're A Monster

5:30pm (Still Vicki's P.O.V)

I embrace him and look at him carefully to see if he's hurt. He returns the hug and pushes me towards the car. He's clearly alright.

"Get back in! I told you not to leave the car!" he yells.

"You told me not to leave it until you come back. You're back" I yell back over the alarm.

"Now is not a good time for you to play smart with me!" he responds.

"What's going on? What happened?" I ask.

"I can't tell you. It's not safe right now! Get back in, we've got to get out of here" he replies.

I run back towards the car and get back in my seat. I don't bother to put on my seat belt and my father takes off faster than I expected him to. I quickly rethink my choice and slip the seat belt on. The fence opens automatically once we're within 10 feet from it and my father drives through in a hurry. The fence slams closed behind us and the facility disappears behind the trees.

"Dad. Is it safe now? Can you tell me what happened?" I ask.

He remains silent. The car speeds up and the silence makes the gut-tearing feeling return. I can't stand this anymore. I feel trapped. My claustrophobia is kicking in hard.

"DAD! ANSWER ME!" I scream.

That's when the car hits something and comes to a dramatic stop. I'm pushed forward and the seat belt cuts into my chest from the action. Then my body is pushed back against the chair and I slam my head back on the head rest.

I'm so thankful that I put on my seat belt right now. I groan and touch the back of my head to see whether I'm bleeding or not. My head is okay but the seat belt made a cut in my skin and my shirt was stained in blood. I quickly look over to my left to see that my father is okay. He's starring ahead at the road in shock and terror.

It was so loud a few seconds ago. The alarm was still ringing in my head, the car was loud from the speed, my father's breath was loud and short, my blood was rushing in my temples. Now everything was awfully quiet. I couldn't even hear my heart beat at the moment.

I looked up at the road and the same horror came over me. There seemed to be a creature standing right in front of the car. It's eyes shone from our headlights. They seemed to stare right into my own. The feeling was worse than the one I felt at home. I didn't feel trapped. Right now, I felt terrified. More than anything, I wanted to be home. To drive away from this road, from this moment.

Is this the creature we hit? As I stared at it, it resembled a human. It was around my height. It had a torn apart, tight, white jumpsuit and strands of hair in certain places on it's white head. It's eyes stared deep into my soul. As if the creature knew me. As if it came here for me.

It had a number on it's neck with something that resembled a barcode. Suddenly, something caught my attention. The creature had something on it's wrist that shone in the headlights. I recognized it right away, seeing as I had the very same bracelet on my wrist. A blue stone surrounded by white ones on a leather cuff.

I drowned a scream in my throat. It wouldn't come out. I couldn't believe this creature was Sandra. My Sandra. If it weren't for the matching bracelet that I gave her, I wouldn't have recognized her at all. What happened to her? Who did this to her?

I wanted to find out but I wouldn't dare to leave the car. I clung onto my seat belt with all my strength and started to sob.

"D-daddy......t-t-that's Sandraaaa!! Who could have done this to her?!?!" I wailed.