Part Ten, Final

As John made his way through the meteor he carefully transferred the now fully clothed Dave up onto his shoulder.

"So this is what the world looks like from the astounding height of five foot four.."

"Can it, Strider."

Dave snickered, disregarding his friend's snippy comment.

"Yeah yeah I know.. Can you drop me off at Karkat's room? Feferi said he'd probably be asking for me."

"Oh really~?"

"If I weren't the size of a Barbie doll I'd smack that smirk right off of your face Egbert."

This sort of playful banter continued until John and Dave reached Karkat's room. John knocked on the door, and stepped back when Feferi answered it.

"Hi there, buoys! Karkat hasn't woken up yet, so I guess you two can just come in and sit for a bit. The sopor really knocked him out, so we don't have to worry about waking him up."

"Alright.. Thanks Fef!"

The two friends made their way into the messy bedroom where Feferi had managed to pull up some sort of troll documentary about sea creatures on Karkat's computer. It was paused, the light blue screen sending shadows across the room. Karkat was sound asleep on his bed, clutching his pillow in a half hug/death grip.

". . Fef, are you sure he's okay? It looks like he's having a nightmare or something.."

Dave lightly bit his bottom lip, looking back to the fuchsia blooded troll for her response.

"Well.. I don't know. Gamzee said there was a chance he could have nightmares since this is his first time eating the sopor.. But he disappeared after Vriska and Terezi got back. Speaking of which.."

She pulled open a chat window with Rose.

"Rose told me to message her once you two got back.. They finally managed to find Jade."

"Really?? Oh god finally.."

Dave let out a huge sigh of relief. He'd be back to normal soon..! John returned Dave's bright smile.

"You know what that means right?"

"Uh.. No?"

"It means when you finally get back to normal we can have that gaming session you promised me~"

"Oh yeah! That'll be totally awesome."

Dave nodded, sitting crisscross applesauce on John's shoulder as his friend turned to face the light blue glow of Karkat's husktop.

"What's your documentary about?"

"Oh I dunno. I had just started it up when you two reappeared at the door.."

Feferi unpaused the movie and the melodramatic voice of Nic Cage wafted out of the speakers. John's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates.

"No. Freaking. Way. This is the lost sea documentary that NICOLAS CAGE himself narrated! I thought every last copy of this thing had been destroyed.."

He wiped a fake tear off of his cheek.

"I feared that I would one day die before I was able to behold this masterpiece.."

Feferi giggled and settled back to watch, Dave rolling his eyes. This was sure to be one hell of a boring movie. As if ocean documentaries weren't bad enough on their own, John's geeking out would make sarcastic commentary near impossible.

He huffed, glancing back at the sleeping troll behind him. Karkat didn't look any better from the last time he'd seen him, if anything, his grip on the pillow seemed to have tightened. Dave glanced back and forth between the movie and the larger troll for a moment, before deciding it was time to ditch Nic Cage.