Part Three

-A few moments earlier, Dave's perspective-

Dave had been relaxed. Well, as relaxed as someone can be when you're literally sitting in someone's mouth. He'd even let his eyes shut, trusting Karkat that nothing would happen as he laid there. He was feeling pretty good, warmth returning to his body, slowly, but steadily. He perked up, hearing someone else enter the room, and froze as Terezi's voice rang out in the metal kitchen like nails on a chalkboard. Then everything went dark as Karkat's teeth clacked together, sealing him inside. It would be a blatant lie to say Dave didn't start to freak out a bit. He scrambled onto his hands and knees on the slippery hot surface of his tongue, pushing at the back of his teeth with his hands.

"H-Hey!! Karkat! Let me out!!"

He could barely make out the sound of Terezi's voice getting closer, then he was knocked towards the back of Karkat's throat. He yelped, trying to grab onto something, anything, but everything was slimed and coated in saliva, offering no hand holds or anything to grab onto. He yelled again as the muscles of Karkat's throat seemed to grab onto his feet, sucking him down deeper into his gullet. As he was yanked in up to his waist he started thrashing frantically, yelling for help, but it was too late. He was pulled all the way in, the fleshy walls of his esophagus compressing around his body, pushing him further down his throat. He got stuck about half way down,  saliva running over his body like hot goopy water. He tried to wriggle himself free, squirming against the walls of muscle, but with a loud thump and accompanied coughing, Dave was pushed the rest of the way down, flailing and screaming all the way. With one final push, he fell down into a large cavity, groaning as he hit the squishy surface. He laid there for roughly two seconds before jumping up to his feet, scrambling back from the little puddles of liquid collected at the bottom, letting out a little cry of disgust as his back connected with the squishy surface of the organ. He stumbled away from the fleshy walls, much too freaked out to be thinking straight.

"Fuck fuck fuck!! This can't be happening!!"

On the outside, Karkat wasn't faring much better either. His face had lost all color, and he was holding his arms around his middle, groaning quietly as he felt Dave thrashing around inside of him.

"Karkat..?? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Terezi asked, tilting her head to the side.

"I didn't hit you that hard, did I..?"

Karkat shook his head jerkily, feeling absolutely sick. He felt his insides lurch as his friend flopped down on the bottom of his stomach, just laying there.  His eyes widened.

"Oh no.. D-Dave?! Dave can you still hear me??"

The little form inside of him jolted upright and Karkat let out a small sigh of relief.

"Oh thank Gog.."

"Karkat, you're acting really strange.."

Terezi squinted at him, sniffing the air.

"I can't smell Dave anywhere.. Where the heck even is he?? And why wouldn't he be able to hear you, wherever he is?"

Karkat froze.

"Uh.. Well.. Heh.. Funny story.."

He groaned softly as he felt Dave hit the inside of his stomach. He clutched his arms around himself.

"Okay, not funny I get it.."

He muttered. Terezi was looking at him like he'd lost his mind.

"I uh.. May have accidentally swallowed him.. Just now.."

"You did what??"

"I know it sounds crazy! But something happened with him and Jade and she shrank him and then he got wet and started getting hypothermia and I wanted to help so-"

He rambled on, only stopping when Terezi smacked him across the face.

"Karkat. Chill. You're getting hysterical.."

"This is a perfectly good situation in which you can act hysterical!! I can feel him! Inside of my body!"

She grimaced.

"Ugh.. Gross.."

Karkat was about to say something else but groaned, doubling over again  as Dave kicked him again.

"I think that means Dave agrees.."

He groaned. Terezi grimaced.

"Let's go find Rose and Kanaya. I'm sure they'll have some sort of solution to this situation.."