𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. SOMETHING WICCA THIS WAY GOES

Start from the beginning

Stefan vamped right in beside his sister. "I'll call Cassandra."

"You can't," Janelle's eyes glazed over as she shook her head. "She's dead. Your best bet right now is to get me to the hospital." She breathed out, becoming lightheaded all of a sudden. "I-It's to save the baby."

"Janelle?" Damon shook her shoulders. When she didn't respond, he cursed, "Damn it."

Damon took Janelle into his arms and carried her out of the house that was now full of dead bodies.

They didn't come this far just to lose her now.

———

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Janelle's eyes fluttered open to the constant noise that was going off beside her. Her head was throbbing, and the slightest movement hurt. She blinked a couple of times, hoping to see something, but unfortunately, she didn't.

Janelle was still blind.

"Nelle?" There was a tight grip on Janelle's hand, letting her know that she wasn't alone. "Oh, thank God," Kai's voice was groggy due to the exhaustion of what he went through the other day and staying up all night by Janelle's side.

He wanted to be there when she woke up.

Janelle wondered how long he was here with her, but she couldn't build up the courage to ask, "Am I in the hospital?"

"Yes. Can't you —" Kai paused, furrowing his eyebrows. He saw that Janelle's eyes were open, yet he didn't understand how she didn't know where she was. "You can't see?"

Janelle shook her head, sadly, "Esther cast a spell that took away my vision, and only she can reverse it. Please tell me you guys got her."

"No," Kai said, disappointed. "She escaped before your brothers could grab her."

"Well, you need to find her," she said. "I don't want to be like this forever."

"Hey," Kai whispered. "We'll get her. I promise."

Janelle sighed, trying to push herself up from the pillows, but she ended up wincing from the pain. She almost forgot about the large scar she had on her stomach.

"Careful," Kai warned. His hand was cold, which caused a shiver to run down her spine. "I'm gonna go get Jo, okay? Maybe she can give you some painkillers."

Janelle nodded, relief washing over her because Jo was the doctor who would be attending to her. She wouldn't have wanted someone else that would throw a bunch of questions at her that she couldn't necessarily answer.

Just when Janelle thought Kai was about to leave, he leaned down and pressed his lips against her cheek. Her breath hitched in her throat, and then he was gone.

Janelle hated getting nervous around him. It was embarrassing.

She sat in her hospital bed for a few minutes by herself and just waited. There was a soft knock on the door, followed by footsteps. "Stefan?"

"Yeah," Stefan replied as he came in closer, taking a seat in the chair Kai was previously in. "How'd you know it was me?"

"Well, you shuffle your feet," Janelle shrugged. "You're a shuffler."

Stefan chuckled and grabbed her hand. "Looks like your other senses are already taking over for your vision." Janelle brought her head up in question. "Kai told me," he added.