Chapter Nine

After about a 45 minute drive, the cab comes to a halt next to a curb. "That'll be $50.57, guy," the driver says with a slight demand in his voice.

"Yeah, here." John gives the man $51 and opens the right side back door. "Keep the change."

John gets out and closes the door. He starts to walk around the area, munching on the fries and looking around at the various shops and businesses. He isn't paying much attention to his environment, though, as he is constantly thinking about the email and killing a leader of a mafia. He finishes the fries after a few minutes and starts to walk past a grocery store. He stops mid step after noticing the glowing sign of the store and looks inside through the glass sliding doors.

"Eh, why not? I need to get some food for the fridge, anyway." He walks inside the store, getting hit instantaneously by the heavy air conditioning. He throws the plastic basket that once held the greasy fries, which now lay in his stomach, into a nearby trashcan. He grabs a long metal push cart and starts walking down the aisles.

"Need...let's see...some juice, some beer, some ramen, maybe a couple frozen pizzas, and probably some more dog treats." He starts grabbing more and more items that come to his mind. Before he knows it, half of his cart is full of items he believes he needs.

"Good thing I live nearby," he says, looking inside the cart. "This stuff is going to be fun to carry home."

He's browsing the dairy aisle when he first lays eyes on her.

The first thing he notices about her is her curves. Look how slender she is for her height, he thinks. A bit short for my taste, but I could manage. Her head and body is turned towards the eggs inside the refrigeration units holding various items. She is wearing a loose t-shirt with some kind of saying he can't quite see, written on the front in what looks like bedazzles and glitter. Her soft, light mocha skin on her arms gives him a slight chill down his spine. She looks down now into a carton of eggs, inspecting them slowly.

He looks away and whispers to himself. "Dude, c'mon. Get it together. It is just a girl." He starts walking towards her and gets a better look at her tight, perfectly round ass. Damn, shes fitting those skinny jeans very well. He keeps staring as he drives the cart into a big stack of bottled water packages. The noise from the crash startles her, and she drops the carton, breaking four of the eggs inside with some of the liquid, uncooked egg tossing itself onto her shoes.

"God dammit!" they both shout at the same time. John quickly notices what happened to her and walks over.

"Sorry about that. I was playing on my phone and I wasn't focusing on where I was driving the cart." He bends down to start picking up the mess. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"O-oh, it's fine. I just hope you focus better when driving!" she replied, giggling and blushing hard. John finishes picking up the carton and sets it down onto the stack of bottled waters.

"Yeah, well, whenever I do get a chance to drive, that is. I rarely do in this city because the traffic is just so awful."

She smiles softly. "I know what you mean. And trying to find a decent parking spot on the side of the road? Forget it. Thank you, by the way. You didn't have to pick that up."

"Well, I didn't wanna make you do it."

"No, I mean you could have just had one of the workers do it. They probably clean up these kind of messes all the time," she says, looking John up and down. "Really? Aerosmith?"

"Huh?" John looks down at his shirt. "OH! Haha. Yeah, well, I like their music from time to time, and it's just one of those shirts I had next in line inside my dresser."