Prologue

"Mum I'm not getting married" Desiry whispered to her mum in a strained and tiny voice "especially not to him" she said laying emphasise on the 'him', as they both turned to stare at Jake who was chatting mindlessly with her father in his home office which was across the kitchen.

"Why!?" Mia who was cuddling her baby, little Brian in her arms asked. "Mum can you please tell her not to ask me why" Desiry remarked while rubbing her temple, she was getting really frustrated about the whole issue now and just wished everyone would just get off her back already. Their mum Rebecca turned away from what she was cooking with her hands placed firmly on her hips, "yeah, why?", Desiry was getting really impatient now, she silently hoped her mum would take her side, but the reverse was the case. "Ever since that good for nothing Justin, you haven't brought any male friend of yours home for any family gathering" her mum protested pointing an acussing finger in Desiry's direction. She just wanted her oldest daughter happily settled and married like her younger sister Mia who was already married and had two kids of her own.

There was a moment of silence and sadness written all over Desiry's face. Mia couldn't stand seeing her sister sad anymore because of that dumbass so she thought of an idea she knew would stir her sister's mood "so what's wrong with Jake, he's every woman's dream" .Desiry turned away, her face turning scarlet. "You think everyone is every girls dream" she said rolling her eyes, "I guess that's why you are so obsessed with Jason". "Duh!!..... That's why he is my husband" she said smiling down at little Brian who was the exact replica of his father "and he is also every girl's dream by the way, but I've got him, he's mine which is why other girls can keep their claws off" she further elaborated.

"Sometimes I thank God for making me the elder sister, if not I would have to live with a tiny brain like yours" Desiry directed at her sister whose face was that of mock shock and fake hurt. Desiry didn't admit it often but she loved her sister so much and couldn't have asked for a better one, as much of how great being bestfriends with Jake was, there was an undeniable and unbreakable bond that existed between her and her sister that even Jake wouldn't understand and she really cherished it.

"Okay I have both of your time now since dinner is all cooked up" Rebecca said cleaning her hands and tossing the napkin on the kitchen Island "and Desiry don't change the subject, we are gonna have this discussion concerning Jacob" she said as a matter of fact
"Come on mum" Desiry whinned "you two know there is nothing much going on between I and Jake" Desiry's blushed, her face turning the shade of tomatoes, she knew everyone was aware of her undeniable attraction towards Jacob even though she hadn't openly admitted it, she was very aware that they had a pretty good idea about it but she wasn't gonna make a public declaration about it anytime soon. Her ego was to big to be bruised.

Rebecca just stood there staring at her daughters, she was so proud of the beautiful women they had become, she most certainly did a great job in raising her girls, they weren't perfect, no..no..no, they were far from it, but they were everything she ever dreamed of, if only her stubborn daughter would just quite being stronge headed and admit she wanted Jake "Mum please don't give me that look, he doesn't even know I like him and I am obviously not the kind of woman he would want as a wife" she murmured the last part, Rebecca and Mia had to strain their ears to make out her words.
"Like? Or do u mean love?" Mia asked, unaware of the daggers her sister was sending her way. Mia was really enjoying taunting her sister.
"Since you seem to know so much about his type of women, care to tell me what his flavour is?" Rebecca asked, she obviously wasn't gonna let her off the hook that easily. "Mum you know....." Desiry said demonstrating with her hands "and who told you you are not......" Rebecca asked imitating her hand gestures.
Mia interrupted " You know you won't be as hot as you are now when your baby bump starts to show" she said using her hands to demonstrate the baby bump that is soon be Desiry's stomach. When she realised what she had just done, her hands immediately flew to her mouth. "Ooops!... I think I slipped" Desiry glared at her for her not so little slip, her gaze immediately turning to her mother.
"She didn't need to make the mistake, I already knew you were pregnant" her mum stated. She was so shocked "Mum bu...but how did you know?" " of course I'll know, I've been pregnant too you know, twice to be precise" Desiry was starting to feel really sad for not telling her mum about the pregnancy, she only hoped she wasn't too mad. Rebecca noticing her daughter's guilt and dicomfort decided to change the topic "So when are you gonna tell Jacob about the baby? He is the father after all" shocked, surprised or marvelled did not even cut how she felt now, she never really could hide anything from her mother, she always had a way of finding out what ever was on her mind or making her uncomfortable. Why hadn't she seen this coming, she wondered.

"How did you know that too?" she asked "I only told Mia" she said pointing at her sister. Mia shot her an 'are you kidding me look' "Ermm... let's see" she said placing her fingers on her chin "Jake is the only guy we know you would let within 10 centimeters of your existence" she concluded. Desiry's checks were almost like tomatoes at this point
Her mother stated more seriously "you really do have to tell him about he baby now" Desiry grew irritated, for the life of her, she just couldn't understand why they wanted him to know so soon "Why are you so bothered? I would tell him when I am ready"
"I hope your ready is soon enough because I just got some information that Francesca would be arriving into town pretty soon". That definitely got Desiry thinking as blood drained from her face, leaving her looking pale.