The preliminary round part 2

Flashback

This battle is going to be so much fun~ since I am going to return the favor. Return all the pain that I felt in that dungeon. But don't worry...I wouldn't let you die so easily. I will torture you slowly...allow you to savor all the pain...otherwise it wouldn't be so fun, you see... Who cares what the audience thinks of me. I am going to show you the battle of your life...

"Round eleven, Kazezawa Yurika vs Yakushi Kabuto, BEGIN!"

* * * * *

Yurika P.O.V

kakashi-sensei and Sasuke were missing. Kakashi-sensei must be checking up on Sasuke's seal. Sasuke did almost end up killing Yoroi.

I looked at Kabuto. He had pulled out a kunai and was waiting expectantly for me to begin the attack. As a medical ninja, Kabuto had a HUGE advantage over me. Not to mention the fact that he was easily jonin level but then...I wasn't exactly genin level either.

Besides...I did have one advantage. He cannot use any forbidden jutsus...not in front of the Hokage.

"Sharingan!"

The crowd gasped in surprise. Ah...obviously. Other than team seven and the Hokage, no body knows that I have the Sharingan. It is a pity but I need to use my trump card here. I have had quite a lot of training matches with Kabuto in the past. He nearly killed me every single time...but this time, failure wasn't an option.

I was grateful to have Sharingan. I couldn't see chakra like Byakugan users can...but I can see how he utilizes chakra. Kabuto had his hand behind him but I could see him chakra-powering his palm. Luckily the chuunin exams is not time bound. Kabuto is a very accomplished ninja with years of experience as a spy. But there is one thing he was lacking...Talent. From what I heard, he was adopted by Orochimaru from an orphanage. He didn't have shinobi blood in him. Thus he cannot handle long, drawn out battles while the Uchihas are a superior bunch with extraordinary abilities as a shinobi.

"Katon: Goukyaku no jutsu!"

(Fire style: Great fireball jutsu)

A huge ball of flame blew towards Kabuto. He smirked as he dodged it. I couldn't help it as the smirk on my face grew wider. He is totally mistaken if he thinks that that was it.

"Fūton: Kazekiri no Jutsu"

(Wind Style: Art of the Gust Blade) 

Wind blades slashed through the arena and the spectators stepped back in alarm as the wind blades slashed through anything that that came in it's path. Unfortunately, Kabuto dodged them. The foremost important rule to be a spy is to able to escape unnoticed. Hence dodging was something he excelled at. But this wasn't the end.

Kabuto's eyes widened in shock as the wind blades caught fire from my previous jutsu. The blades still had their cutting edge and the flames burned stronger, fueled by the wind. The blades went through out the entire arena several times before dying out. Kabuto had dodged them but I smirked as I noticed that his outfit was scorched in many places and he was panting due to physical exhaustion.

"Chakura no Mesu"

(Chakra scalpel)

Just when I thought that the tides were turning in my favor, I noticed Kabuto's arm pierce through my abdomen. Trust him to quickly cut a nerve that paralyses half of my body. The injury itself wasn't too bad...but it was bleeding too much. That place had gotten numb so I couldn't feel any pain but at this rate, I'll faint due to blood loss.

My initial tactic of a long and drawn-out battle is an impossibility now. I'll tire out before he does.

Kabuto: Is that all your strength is, Yurika? Guess Konoha has weakened you even more...but then you were a weakling to begin with.