Chapter 7: Shop And Goodbye

August........

Draco got a letter back from the headmistress. She said that she would have him do some extra work to finish early as March. Also, if Draco did very well, he may finish by early as February. Draco was very happy to know.

Today, we were going to Diagon Alley to get his school supplies. I was going with him. Even though I have gone to Diagon Alley a few times, I never really got a chance to look around since I was a muggle.

"Are you ready?"

I put my hair down and wore my coat. The weather was becoming cold as summer was ending. "Coming," I said out loud and walked out of the bathroom to see Draco who was ready to go. Draco held his hand out to me.

I gave him a smile and took his hand. We walked out of the room and made our way to the living room. We were going to use the floo network. As we walked toward the living room, we saw Astoria in front of the fireplace.

{What is she doing there?} She turned her head to see us and wore a smirk on her face. "Going to Diagon Alley Draco? Why don't we go together?" she suggested to him. She didn't mention anything about me going with them.

I looked up to see Draco angry. I felt him tighten his grip on my hand. "I already told you. I'm going with my wife," he said to her loud and clear. Astoria walked up to him to the point where there was no space between them.

"Come on Draco. You know that you can't be seen with your wife especially who is a filthy muggle," she said to him. I saw anger grew in his eyes. "Also, you would put the wizard kind in risk as she knows our secret. What makes you think that she won't tell anyone?" she said to him.

She was almost making a good point. I started to worry a bit. "I don't care anymore." Draco said to her. I was a bit surprised by his words. Draco let go of my hand and placed his hand on my back. He guided me into the fireplace.

Astoria glared at me. Draco got a handful of floo powder. "Diagon Alley," he said and dropped the powder. Green flames engulfed us.

Soon, we were in Diagon Alley. It had been a while since my last visit. Draco looked down at me. "I'm going to Gringotts to get some galleons. Go to the bookstore and see if you can find my books for me," he said and gave me the list before he walked away.

I walked into Flourish & Blotts to find many people inside. I squeezed my way through the entrance and looked for the books. I never expected for students to read so many books in one school year. It was interesting.

I managed to get most of the books until I found one that was out of my reach. I tried to reach for it but, I couldn't reach for the book. Next thing I knew, I saw a hand reach up and grab it for me. I turned my head to see a guy.

He had brown hair and was tall. He presented the book to me. "Here," he said to me. I took the book from his hands. "Thank you," I said to him. He gave me a smile. "So are you in school?" he asked me. I shook my head no.

He had a smirk on his face. "You're cute. Do you want to hang out with me?" he asked me. {He's asking me out.} I turned a bit. "No thank you. I am busy," I told him and walked away but, he grabbed my arm.

"Come on. I'll show you a good time," he told me. Next thing I knew, I saw a hand grab onto his arm.

"I would let go if I were you."

It was Draco. I felt relief. The guy let go quickly and walked away from me. Draco looked at me with concern. "What happened?" he asked me. "I was trying to reach for a book. The guy got it for me and then asked me out," I told him honestly.

"I guess I going to need to look at you more closely," he told me. "I agree," I said to him. I felt insecure without Draco especially when I was surrounded by witches and wizards. Plus, I didn't want to do anything that would cost me my life or Draco's safety.

He took the books off my hand. "Thank you for the book," he told me. I gave him a nod. We collected the rest of the books and paid for them. After the books, we went to another shop to get quills and inks.

Next, we walked into Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Draco needed to get his robes for school. I watched the lady measure Draco. After getting the measurements, the lady disappeared through a doorway.

"So this is how you get your uniform," I said to him. He gave me a nod. "All the first years come here to get their robes," he told me. I gave him a nod. The lady came back with is robe and he paid for it. It didn't cost too much.

We spent about three hours at Diagon Alley before we went home. Once at home, Draco placed his stuff in the study room. "I'll help you pack later Draco," I offered to him. He gave me a smile. "You don't have to do that," he said to me.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug. "I want to. I want to spent more time with you before you leave for school," I told him. I felt him wrap his arm around me. "Me too. I wish that you can come with me but, muggles are allowed in Hogwarts," he told me.

After a while, we pulled apart and walked to the dining room for lunch.

September 1st....

Draco never left my side. We spent our time talking, eating our meals together, reading, walking in the garden, and looking at each other. We didn't want to be apart but, I wanted him to graduate from school.

Today, he was leaving for Hogwarts. I helped him pack his stuff last night. I walked down to the living room to see Draco and Astoria. "Well I'm going to go. Are you coming Draco?" she asked in a seductive tone.

She walked towards him while she swayed her hips and then wrapped his arms around his neck. Immediately,he pulled away from her. "You go on ahead," he told her. She turned her head to see me at the doorway.

She gave me a disgusted look and walked into the fireplace. "King's Cross Station," She said and she was gone in green flames. Draco looked at me and walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him.

He gave me a passionate kiss. I returned the kiss with much love for him. After a minute, we pulled apart from each other to catch our breath. "I love you," he told me. "I love you too," I said to him. He gave me a smile and a kiss on the cheek before he head into the fireplace.

He took a handful of the floo powder. "King's Cross Station," he said and he was gone in the green fire.

{Goodbye...for now.}

~~~~~~~~<<<<~~~~~~>>>>>~~~~

Hi Everyone!

I posted the prologue of the story. The prologue is from the first shifting story: Shifting into Sorcerer's Stone.

The stories are a bit longer as I put more detail in them. Also, the shifting series was my first attempts at making stories.

The story is called:

Shifting into Magic

The original series will remain up in my  channel so you can compare.

Leave your comment and vote there.