Chapter 1: Married to What?!

Disclaimer: everything besides Selene and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Comment to let me know if you want this story to continue.

$&@$(;;/-;(;

At the age of fifteen, I lost my parents. We were driving home in a storm. My dad was driving when a  truck was coming towards us. My father tried to avoid the car but, he ended up going over a railing. We tumbled down the hill.

My parents didn't survive the accident. Somehow, I managed to survive. I saw my parents who did not move. I unbuckled my belt and tried to get to them. I saw their heads bleeding. I moved my hands over to their head to stop the bleeding. It wasn't working.

Soon, rescuers got to us and pulled us out. The truck driver was found guilty and was put behind bars. I was a minor and needed to be placed in a family. I had no other family members. I was placed with my godmother, Moriah.

One day, I found out that she was a witch. I saw her trying to perform a spell in the kitchen. The dishes were washing themselves. She had to explain to me everything. She told me that she worked at the ministry of magic. I was an exception to the laws since I was her goddaughter.

She was actually surprise to see some things that I hadn't notice before. Once time, she had put a spell on a jewelry box. It was to prevent muggles from seeing it. For some reason, I could see the jewelry box.

Moriah even took me to a magic hospital called St. Mungo's. She had me checked out by a doctor there. They had no idea about why I could see things that a muggle normally couldn't see. They only came up with one conclusion. I was just lucky in some way.

Since I could see things like a witch, she took me everywhere in the magical world. She took me to a place called Diagon Alley. It was an interesting place. I saw owls and brooms. She got me some magic books to read.

I read all her books that she had to read when she was in a magic school called Hogwarts. The classes looked very interesting. I loved reading the books. I even tried to do some potions and they actually worked.

It was the afternoon. Luckily, I didn't live far from my old home.  It was a couple blocks away from my godmother's home. There was a family living in it now. They would invite me in sometimes. They are really nice people.

I walked to our spot as usual. I haven't seen Draco for a few years. Even though he wasn't there, I would go there to clear my head. I sat on the tree stump and sketched the lake. It was relaxing to me. It passed the time.

I remembered the argument that we had in this spot.

Flashback.....

I was sitting at our spot waiting for Draco to get here. I heard footsteps behind me. I got up and looked at Draco. "Why are you always late? Why haven't you come here? It has been three weeks," I said to him.

"You expect me to come here every day?" he asked me. "Just every other day. I thought that we were friends Draco," I said to him. I was upset with him. "Well sorry if I have better things to do than to hang out with you," he said to me.

"If you have better things to do, then why aren't you doing them," I said to him. "Fine. I'm going now to do the better things," he said to me. I was in shock a bit. "You don't mean that," I said to him. He gave me a smirk. "Watch me," he said to me. He turned around and walked out of the forest.

I watched him disappear behind the wall of tree. I stood there in shock. I felt my body go numb.I felt so bad about the whole thing. I regretted my words. I sat on the stump and let the tears fall down my face. "I'm sorry," I said in a low voice. I said it over and over.

End of flashback......

I saw that it was getting dark outside. I got up from the stump and head my way home. I always had to pass by Draco's family manor. I walked passed it. I tried to look through the windows hoping to see him. There was always nothing. I turned my head and focused my head on going home.

Once inside, I walked into the kitchen to see Moriah cooking dinner. She was shopping some vegetables for a salad. "I'm home," I said to her. She turned her head to look at me. "Hello Selene. I have some news for you," she said to me. I walked over to the stove to stir the pot of stew.

"What is it?" I asked her. She stopped chopping and looked at me. She looked very serious. "What's wrong?" She let out a shaky sigh. "I don't know how to tell you this, but....you are to be married in a few days," she said to me.

"Married!" I was so shocked. "The Ministry of Magics contacted me. The Minister had paired you with a pureblood wizard," she said to me. I could feel the tears falling down my face. I was so scared. I only knew about the wizard world recently. I wasn't ready to get married.

Mariah tried to comfort me by hugging me and rubbing my back. It was helping a bit. "I'm so sorry. I couldn't do anything," I heard her say to me. I tried to gather my thoughts."It's okay. I'll have to deal with it," I said in a low voice.

After a while, she pulled away. She continued with the cooking while I sat at the table thinking about everything.

My life was going to change.

At the same time.....

Draco's point of view....

My parents and I were at the Ministry. We were former death eaters. Even though we had switched sides at the last minute, One of us were to be sentenced for our actions. I volunteered so that my mother didn't have to suffer the consequences. I could care less of my father. He was the one who got us into the death eater mess.

We were sitting in front of the New Minister of Magics, Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. My parents were sitting behind me. "I believe Mr. Draco Malfoy will be taking the sentence," he wanted to confirm. "Yes Minister," I said to him.

"You Mr. Draco Malfoy, are sentenced to be married to a muggle. We arranged for you to be married to her in a few days here at the Ministry," he said to me. I was shocked by the sentence. I had to be married. The worst part was that I had to be married to a filthy muggle.

"You can't be serious," I heard my father say out loud and stood up from his seat in disbelief. The Minister glared down at my father. "Unless, Lucius Malfoy would like to be sentenced to Azkaban like the rest of your fellow death eaters," the Minister said to him.

I heard my father sit back down in his chair. I didn't hear a sound from my mother. "She already knows about the wizard world. That is why she was chosen. I expect to see you here Mr. Malfoy in a few days. My ruling is final. This is soul order," he said and slammed the gavel.

I stood up and walked out of the room with my parents. Once at home, father turned to me. "I can't believe that the Ministry is making you marry a filthy muggle," he told me.

He was fuming with anger. Mother placed her hand on his shoulder. "Draco will have to go through the marriage. We will think of something," mother told him.

I made my way up to my room.

My life was going to be hell.