Prologue

Hi everyone. this is a preview of a possible new story. I had thought about this one for a while. I hope you guys like it.

Happy Reading.

Disclaimer: everything besides Selene and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Comment to let me know if you want this story.

$&@$(;;/-;(;

Age 4....

My family and I were moving to Wiltshire from London. My parents bought a new house for us. We lived in a apartment in London. My father wanted us to have a house with a backyard. I couldn't wait and see my room.

We made it to our house. It was nice. My parents showed me my new room. It was in my favorite color, purple. The backyard was big and had room for a garden. I would be going to school near the house.

After a month, my parents were arguing about something. It was noon. It was really scary. I heard my name a few times. I thought that they were mad at me about something. I ran outside to the forest near by the house.

I found myself at a small lake. I sat on a tree stump and started to cry. I didn't want to go back home especially when they were mad at me. After a while, I started to feel cold. I really didn't want to go home.

"SNAP!"

I turned toward the woods. I heard a twig snap. I quickly ran behind a tree. I heard small footsteps coming from the woods. I saw a boy with platinum blond hair come out of the woods. He was looking around.

I saw his eyes turns towards me. I quickly hid behind the tree. I stayed quiet as I could with my mouth shut. "Who's there?" I heard him say. I didn't want him to find me. I felt my tears falling again. I wanted to sniffle.

I just let my tears fall. "Why are you crying?" I heard behind me. I turned to see the boy next to me. {How did he find me?} I got up and walked away from him. I wanted to be alone. I felt a hand grab my arm. I turned to face him.

"Why are you crying?" he asked curiously. I looked at the ground. I didn't know if I should even tell him. I don't even know him. I knew that he wasn't going to let go unless I tell him. "I ran away from home because my parents were arguing about me. I don't know what though," I told him.

He let me go. I felt really cold. I was shivering. "Are you cold?" he asked me. I nodded my head. I saw him take off his jacket and wrapped it around me. It was really warm. "Aren't you cold?" I asked him with worry.

"I was getting pretty hot actually," he told me. We walked to the tree stumps near the lake and sat down facing each other. "I'm sure that they are worried about you. You should go back home," he told me.

I just thought of something. "I don't know how to get out of here," I said to him. I saw the sun going down. "I'll help you," he told me. I gave him a nod. We got up and walked out of the woods. Soon, we were walking on the streets.

"Selene!" "Selene where are you?!"

I heard my name being called. I was sure that it was my parents. I turned to the boy. "You should go to them," he told me. "Will I be able to see you again?" I asked him. "We'll have to see," he told me. I took his jacket off and gave it to him. "Don't want you to catch a cold," I told him. He gave me a smile. "Take care," he told me and walked away.

I saw my parents at the end of the street. They were worried about me. They took me home and fed me dinner. They were sorry for the argument. They were arguing about their parents. I never learned or knew my grandparents. The only thing I knew was that my grandparents disowned them. I felt bad for them.

My parents tucked me into bed. They still felt bad for arguing that led me to leaving the house alone. Soon, they left the room for me to sleep. I thought about the boy. I didn't even ask his name. I hoped I see him again soon.

A week later....

I sat on the tree stump and waited for the boy to show if. I wondered if I would see him again in the woods. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I really wanted to see him again. I wondered if he thought about me.

I heard footsteps behind me. I ran behind a tree to see who was coming to the lake. I saw that it was the boy who helped me out of the wood. "I guess she is not here again," I heard him say. {Again? Was he looking for me?}

I saw him making his way towards the woods again. I came out behind the tree. "You were looking for me?" I asked him. He turned around quickly to see me there. "You're here," he said in a happy mood. I gave him a nod.

We sat on the tree stump. "How was it with your parents?" he asked me. "They felt bad for me. They practically treated me nicely since then," I told him. He gave me a nod. "I forgot to ask for your name," I said to him.

"Draco Malfoy," he said. "Selene Hyland," I told him. I learned that he was a few months older than me. He lived near by my house. "I just moved here a couple weeks ago," I told him. "That's why you didn't look too familiar to me," he told me.

We spend all day talking. I saw the sun setting. We decided to walk home. We walked to the same spot where we spit. We faced each other. "I'm glad to have seen you again," he said. I gave him a smile. "Me too," I told him.

"See you tomorrow?" he asked me. I nod my head. "I'll be waiting," I told him. He gave me a smirk. "Unless I get there earlier than you," he told me. We gave each other a hug. He became my very first friend.

Over the years we spent much time together. I would see him every weekend and holiday break. I saw his home. It was a Manor. It looked creepy. I have seen his parents. I have met his mother once in person. I couldn't tell if she liked me or not.

We were best friends. Once day, we met in the forest and told me something that mad me sad. 

Age 11.....August 29....

I walked into the woods to see Draco sitting on the tree stump. The place was our little special place just for the two of us. He saw me walking towards him and he stood up. I stood in front of him. "Hi Draco," I said to him.

"I have something to tell you," he told me. He looked serious. This made me worry. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He took a deep breath. "I'm going away to boarding school," he told me. I stood there. I didn't know what to think.

"I'll be back for the holidays," he told me. "Okay," I said to him. He gave me a hug. "Thank you for understanding," he told me. "I'll be waiting," I told him. We pulled apart and spent the rest of our time talking.

It was time for us to go home. We walked to our spot where we split. This would be the last time I would see him for a while. We gave each other a hug and went back home. Soon, it was suppose to be time for winter break.

I went to our spot everyday. I even went to our spot on Christmas. I had a present for him. He never showed up at our spot. I was sad and disappointed. I walked back home with the present in my hands.

I walked up to my room. I set the present in my closet. When summer came, I went to our spot. I saw Draco there. He saw me and came over to me. "I'm so sorry. I was busy with family and such," he told me.

When he came back for the summer, he started to come to our spot less and less. We did end up having a fight about showing up more often. By the time it was near the end of summer, he never showed up. He didn't tell me the reason for not seeing me. I thought maybe it had to do with the fight.

We would say almost everything to each other. I felt like I was losing my best friend. My only friend who I felt comfortable with all this time. When we were thirteen, we never saw each other again. Since then, I would go to our spot alone, hoping, and waiting for him.

I wondered if we were best friends at all.