I pulled away and grabbed my ponytail, pulling it over my opposite shoulder. I couldn't wide away the giddy smile I had on my face.

"Why are you sitting there looking all cute and happy, Taylor Parks?" Ashton asked me, leaning back slightly to get a better look at my face.

"No reason," I shrugged. I grabbed Chloe and stood off the park bench, setting her down on the ground as Ashton stood as well.

"Everyone has a reason to smile," he said. "What's yours?"

"I don't know," I said, looking up into his glowing hazel eyes. "I think I'm just happy to have you."

"Believe me, I'm happy to have you too, Taylor Parks."

-

After another hour or so of walking around the park, my stomach was growling and Chloe was whining, probably because she was hungry too.

"I think Chloe is hungry and I am definitely hungry," I said to Ashton as we were walking back to his truck.

"I have a wonderful solution to that," he said.

"What is it?" I asked. All I had in mind was going back home and making lunch.

"There's a cat cafe downtown. We could drop Chloe there while we go get lunch somewhere and come back and get her," he said. "When I had my cat in college I would take him to the cat cafe all the time. They have excellent service there."

"Chloe could make more little kitty friends!" I smiled as we got into the car and I made sure to keep my jacket zipped up this time when Ashton started the car. Chloe's ears immediately pointed backwards, her eyes going wide as she dug her claws into my jacket, looking around like crazy.

"It's okay, Chloe, you're not gonna die," I said as I pet her, making her flinch. "Next time I am definitely bringing the cat carrier."

Ashton drove us to the cat cafe, and I carried Chloe inside as I looked around and saw a bunch of little cats running around playing with toys, eating, drinking water or running up the posts and towers. A short brunette with shoulder length hair and another somewhat short man stood behind the counter, with two extremely fat orange tabbies laying lazily on the counter.

"Hello! You've brought a friend!" the girl said, smiling as we walked up to the counter.

"This is Chloe," I said, setting her on the counter. One of the other orange tabbies put its ears back, hissing at Chloe. I hugged her back to my chest.

"No, poops!" she tapped it's head and it flinched but laid back against the counter again, purring.

"I'm Dallas!" she said, holding her hand out to shake. "This is my boyfriend, Louis but we have a mutual agreement that I'm actually going to marry Ed Sheeran." Louis rolled his eyes.

"Oh, that sounds fun." I nodded and tried not to judge the odd girl.

"Oh it is!" she nodded, continuing to ramble. "This is like, my entire dream! I get to cuddle cats everyday! Just bring Ed Sheeran and his glorious guitar in here and it would be the perfect life!"

"I'm still here," Louis said.

"So it's just this one you're dropping for a bit?" she asked, reaching her hand out to Chloe. Chloe rubbed her face against her hand affectionately.

"Yes," I said. "She's a real sweetheart."

"I'm sure she'll get along great with the other cats!" she smiled. This girl had way too much energy. I almost felt sorry for Louis.

"Except of course, these two troublemakers." Dallas rolled her eyes. "Their names are Ed and Sheeran. They're kinda grumpy."

I looked up at Ashton, who just smiled down at me.

"We were going to just go out and get some lunch," Ashton explained, smiling at Dallas. "But we can't take Chloe in with us, so we decided to leave her here for a bit. I used to bring my cat in here when I was in college and I know you guys take great care of the cats."

"Of course we do! I love cats!" Dallas said, looking over at one of the feeding bowls. "Hey babe, can you go fill that bowl? It's almost empty."

Louis reached under the counter to get a bag of cat food while Dallas pet both of the fat orange cats--Ed and Sheeran--on the counter. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Louis leaned in and gave Dallas a kiss on the cheek.

"I was talking to Ed," she said. "But I mean, yes I love you too Louis."

Louis looked at Dallas blankly, took the bag of cat food and stalked over to the bowl.

"Well we're extremely hungry," I smiled, trying to keep my thoughts and comments to myself. "So we'll be back in like an hour to come get her again."

"Sounds like a plan!" Dallas scooped up Chloe from the counter and scratched behind her ears, making her purr. "We'll take great care of her, don't you worry!"

Ashton wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked outside again while I turned around once more to see Louis hold Chloe as well, and she was obviously enjoying all the attention.

She'd be fine.

"They're definitely an... interesting couple," I said to Ashton as we walked down the street to the little Italian coffee house we went to on our first dinner date.

"Dallas just likes to give Louis shit," Ashton said. "She does love him, she just really loves Ed Sheeran too."

"Could have fooled me," I said as we walked inside and he leaned down and kissed my forehead while we waited in the short line.

We ordered sandwiches again, this time treating ourselves to a little gelato. We laughed and talked the entire time, almost choking on our food a couple times.

"No dramatic storm out this time I hope?" Ashton asked as he finished the last of his gelato.

"I wouldn't run away from you even if I wanted to, Ashton."

(A/N: intense stuff is coming soon yay

please vote for my chapters I'm thirsty)