Kuroo Tetsuro | Treasure

[ requested by : @IROIHS ]

Fantasy World AU

Being a leader of a kingdom was hard. Especially when there are conflicts between your kingdom and the neighboring kingdom. The night was calm and you decided to head out to the balcony to clear your thoughts. You looked over and see the villages around the castle, thinking about the families and their hopes and dreams. You didn't want to let them down. Sighing, you walked back inside. A rustle startled you, stopping your movement.

"Who's there?" you called out. A figure could be seen standing on the balcony fence.

"Don't tell me you've been out here waiting for me all night," the figure spoke.

"You're really persistent," you state. "No matter how many times you visit me, I will not give you the treasure of Nekoma," you turned around, pretending to express apathy.

Kuroo Tetsuro, a master thief. He has been trying to steal the most precious jewel of Nekoma. However, you've caught him in the act on his first attempt and now, he's visiting you often, pretending to want to steal the jewel but secretly only wanting to see you. You'd tease each other and fool around. You'd call yourselves funny names, and you'd touch his bedhead hair and he'd caress your hands. Let's just say, instead of stealing the jewel, he stole your heart. You took a side glance at him, waiting for his say.

He got down from the fence, "Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see," Kuroo crossed his arms, grinning at you.

"A meeting with the commander of the Shiratorizawa Kingdom has been scheduled here in Nekoma," you inform him. "I am hoping for positive results," you added, a worried look on your face.

He walked closer to you, "All this worrying will give you crow feet."

He hands you a rose, smiling at you, "You look most beautiful when you are smiling."

~~~

That was the last time he saw you smiling. It was raining heavily. Footsteps can be heard clearly against the wet concrete. 

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He panted heavily as he ran in the rain. He had a bad feeling since the day had begun. He shrugged it off. He was certain that you'd be well, that it will go smoothly. Then, he received news that Nekoma was attacked while he was away. Now, you lay in front of him, barely moving. The meeting had gone wrong. He was too late. Lev, your pet griffin was also injured. His wings hovering your body like a blanket. Kuroo stared at you with dead eyes. 

Lev open his mouth, "Kuroo, there's something I want to give you."

Kuroo walked towards the creature, towards you. There, in your hands was the jewel.

"Please keep it safe."

He had turned the jewel into a necklace. He wore it every time and never took it off. He held the jewel tight, "The world you believed in hasn't disappeared yet."

A/N

I'M BACK!

well, sort of. Hope you all had a great new years. School had just started for me but I should be able to write more often. If this drabble sounds familiar then yes, it's from MapleStory. yes, I still play it. I just love the storyline and the characters gosh.

anyway, I didn't mean to make Shiratorizawa a villain but there weren't much options. I wanted to write a fluff and tried so hard not to make Kuroo too OOC but then it turned into angst-

I'd like to thank all of you who've stayed reading this book since the start and put up with my late updates and hiatus. I really appreciate and enjoy the notifications that appear on my phone. <4

Syuu