Oikawa Tooru | Marry You

[Your P.O.V.]

"Hey, do you think aliens exist?"

"I don't know," I added after a moment's silence. We continued down the street and I unlocked my phone, "Let me google that for you."

Oikawa's hand found my waist as he led me away from the occasional grate and kept me from stepping into the street.

Before I could load a new page, my recent Pinterest escapades appeared. I tried to quickly exit out, but he had already seen enough.

"Ooh, planning for a wedding, are we?" he teased, drumming his fingers along the waist of my dress .

"Shut up," I put my phone back in my purse, deciding he didn't deserve to have his answer now. "Every one does it when they're bored. Especially when someone was late picking me up from work," I dug an elbow in his ribs, gritting my teeth. "Assikawa."

"Itai," he feigned hurt. "I am only human, you know."

The night was still young, but both of us were exhausted from our week. The only reason I was conscious was because of the man beside me, making goofy comments and asking weird questions on the walk back to my flat. Before we reached the steps to my building, Oikawa stopped in his tracks, and I followed suit, scuffing my bright pink pumps along the sidewalk.

"What? What's the matter?" I asked, concerned.

He grabbed my hands, pulling them to his chest. "It's a beautiful night," he took a deep breath, and I felt goosebumps rise on my arms in anticipation. It only lasted for a second, before he opened his mouth again. "We're looking for something dumb to do." I pursed my lips and just barely shook my head, daring him to continue. "I think I wanna marry you."

With a scoff, I shook him off of me and scurried up the stairs, leaving him behind. I reached the top of the second floor when he called after me from the bottom of the staircase. Turning around, I put my hands on my hips as he bounded up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

"You didn't let me finish!" he protested.

I tapped my toe on the tile floor, the sound reverberating around us.

Standing a stair below me, he still had to look down at me as he sang, "Is it that look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry you."

I turned my back to him again, his lighthearted enthusiasm wearing me out. He caught up with me and pressed himself against my back as I walked down the long hallway. I hated the excruciatingly long walk back to my flat, located on the far end of the building, and yet somehow he found a way to make it bearable. Enjoyable, even.

"Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go. No one will know. Oh, come on, girl," he sang in my ear, exclusively for me.

He gently intertwined his fingers with mine. I leaned my head against his shoulder, jutting my hips forward as we scuffed our feet on the dark green carpet.

"Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow. Shots of patron, and it's on, girl."

"How do you know the words?!" I giggled. He was infectious, I had to admit. I wiggled my hips a bit as he sang, upping his confidence. I clapped along as he rocked out, "Don't say no, no, no, no-no; Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah; And we'll go, go, go, go-go.If you're ready, like I'm ready."

He hit the bridge as we rounded the corner, and we were full on dancing now. "Just say I do," he cringed as his voice cracked at the high notes, so I hit them for him, pointing a finger in the air each time I did so.

"It's a beautiful night," he brought the song to a slow finish as we reached my door. Gently pulling my hair away from neck, he pressed his lips there as he waited for me to find the right key. "We're looking for something dumb to do."

I turned around and raised an eyebrow, "I'm sure I'll find something...or someone." Leaning against the door, I put key in the lock, as he finished, "Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't tell me we're gonna dance down the aisle," as he lifted me off my feet and carried me inside.

"That's not a bad idea," he winked and stuck out his tongue and I hit his head.

"Itai!"

A/N

Gotta do one for the trash king :3

Just thought that he might do this lol Hope he isnt ooc ><

Update : I'll be changing most of the pronouns in this book to make it gender neutral! :)