Chapter 26: This Isn't How I Imagined This Situation to Go at All

A/n* isn't Yongguk so good looking in that picture??? Wat the fuck

Chapter 26: This Isn't How I Imagined This Situation to Go at All

[3rd Person]

"Have you ever broken up with someone before?" Winter break almost over and that meant New Year's was fast approaching and Himchan would be back from the US soon.

"Do you need advice on how to break up with Himchan?" Hyosung asked as she jumped onto Jieun's bed. She didn't need to hear a reply from Jieun, she already knew what her answer would be. "Well to answer your question, yes I have broken up with someone before."

"How did you do it?"

"I just said 'I'm breaking up with you.' It was like how I rip off bandaids. Fast and with no emotions."

"I don't know if I could do it like that."

"Just tell him the truth. It's not fair to either one of you if you keep leading him on."

-----

[the next day]

It was my first day back at work and I've been put on barista duty. I've been making pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas non-stop.

My co-worker just handed me a new order for a chai tea. Finally something easy. I poured some hot water in a cup and put in a tea bag. "One chai tea for Hong...jan..cham?" My co-worker seriously needs to work on his penmanship. He's always making me call out weird names.

"Is this a chai tea?"

"Yes. Here you go!" I handed the cup to the customer and almost dropped it. "Himchan, you're here."

"Yup. I just landed this morning and thought you should be the first person that I see." He smiled handsomely and asked if I was going to be on my break soon. Well coincidentally, my break was in exactly 1 minute. I took off my apron and sat with him at one of the tables.

It felt so unreal to have him right in front of me. He was talking about his trip and took out souvenirs from his backpack and I could hardly pay attention to what he was saying because my heart was beating out of my chest. And it obviously wasn't the giddy feeling kind. I know I would have to break up with him sooner or later, but how could I do that to someone as precious as Himchan?

"Are the gifts ok?" Himchan asked me with a worried look on his face.

"Huh? Oh yeah, they're all great but..." I can't accept his gifts when I'm planning to break it off with him omg.

"Oh, if you're worried about the price, it's ok. A lot of the souvenirs from New York were really affordable. One of the shirts I got you was only $2. They spelled 'New York' wrong."

"Thank you..." I mumbled while holding the shirt tightly. "Himchan...you're such a nice person. You're so nice to other people. And you're just always so...nice." Honestly, what the fuck am I saying...

Himchan laughed and patted my shoulder, "Thanks Jieun, you're really nice too."

"Ahhhh." I sighed, "No, I'm not."

Himchan looked into my eyes and I felt his hand slightly grip my shoulder. "It seems like you're worried about something."

"Yeah...I just want to be honest with you--"

"Sorry Jieun, the manager said we had to cut your break short since the café got busy all of a sudden." My co-worker pulled me up from the seat and wouldn't even let me finish talking to Himchan.

"W-wait I still need to--"

"It's alright Jieun, why don't you tell me later tonight? I'll text you. Have fun at work," He picked up his chai tea and waved to me before leaving the coffee shop.