Chapter 14: Make A Wish

"Do you mind waiting here while I go check with the information desk?" Himchan rolled down the handle of his suitcase and said that we would board the plane soon. He went off to ask the workers a question and I looked over our things. I was really going on a trip with Himchan. And it wasn't just a road trip or something nearby, we were going to a whole other continent together.

Someone passed by and their suitcase accidentally knocked mine over. We both bent down to pick it up and the man apologized.

"Jieun! Hey! Are you going on a trip break too?" It was Youngjae. I haven't seen him since that time we were waiting for our coffee together.

"Yeah, I'm going to Italy."

"Wow fancy." He tiptoed and looked around, "Yongguk's here with you right?"

I slightly scowled at the sound of his name, "No we were never together actually."

"O-oh...are you sure? Well of course you would know if you're in a relationship with him or not, but it's just that...I really did think you guys were together. I'm meeting a few friends in Hong Kong and Yongguk was supposed to come with me, but he said he declined, so I assumed he was going somewhere with you."

"Alright Jieun, ready to go?" Himchan appeared beside me and said hi when he saw Youngjae.

"I have to go. Have fun in Hong Kong." I waved at Youngjae and Himchan took both of our suitcases and rolled them to the gate.

The plane ride lasted a few hours and it was my first time in first class. Himchan fell asleep easily, but I was just so excited, I couldn't sleep. Himchan's head fell on my shoulder and a small snoring sound came from him. I thought it was pretty funny so I took some pictures of him.

I woke up to Himchan tapping my thigh and people were getting off the plane. Turns out that I ended up falling asleep too. At the airport, there was a man in a suit holding up a sign that said "Kim Himchan" and I was told that he was our ride to the vacation home.

"I can't believe I'm in Italy." I stuck my head out the car window, but Himchan pulled me back in.

"Be careful not to get your head cut off." He joked.

We arrived at his vacation home and he showed me to 'my room.' He apologized because it was so small, but it's literally bigger than my parents' room back at home. It had an amazing view and a king sized bed. I could probably do a snow angel on that bed and I still wouldn't take up all the space.

"So did you want to stay and rest first or go out an explore---"

"Let's go out!"

Himchan look shocked for a second but then laughed, "Oh right I forgot, this is your first time here, isn't it?"

"Yeahhh sorry I'm a little excited."

"It's fine. You're so cute. I'll go tell the driver that we're ready to leave."

----

We went to the famous tourist sites and it was all really great, but I was getting a bit tired of walking.

"Ready to walk again?" Himchan looked down at me and I stood up from the bench. My legs felt kind of weak. "Or how about we do something else?"

"No Himchan, it's fine---"

Suddenly a guy appeared in front of us with a little motor bike. He got off and gave the keys to Himchan. "So are you telling me that you don't want to ride this vespa?"

I looked at the vespa and then back at Himchan, "Yeahhh I kinda want to ride it."

"Then let's get on," He winked and handed me a helmet. He put one leg over the bike and sat down. I sat behind him and hovered my hands over his waist. Was I just suppose to grab him? Or...

"Ready?" He grabbed my hands and placed them around his torso. "Hold on tight. Or not. But you'll fall, so I suggest you hold on."

We stopped in front of the Trevi Fountain. Himchan reached into his pocket and handed me a coin, "People say that if you make a wish and throw a coin into the fountain, your wish will come true."

I rubbed my thumb over the coin and thought of my wish. Is wishing for happiness too generic? I can't think of anything specific that I want, but happiness is something people always strive for. I closed my eyes and threw the coin into the fountain. When I opened my eyes, Himchan just threw his coin into the fountain.

"What did you wish for?" I asked.

He shook his finger, "If you tell your wish to someone, it won't come true."

----

We stayed out until it got dark and just as we were about to go back on the vespa and go to his house, we heard an explosion. It startled me at first, but when we turned around, we saw that it was a fireworks display.

"Whoa. Let's get closer." He held my hand and weaved through the tourists. We reached a spot where we could easily see the fireworks. I glanced at Himchan and he was smiling up at the sky like a little kid. My eyes made their way down to our clasped hands and I didn't mind at all that he was holding my hand. In fact, I was kind of waiting for him to do that.

Another loud boom came from the fireworks and my hand squeezed Himchan's. He turned his head towards me and asked, "Everything ok?"

Am I ok? Other than the fact that my heart is beating at an immense speed, all the blood in my body has rushed to my face, and there are droplets of perspiration appearing on my forehead? I'm absolutely fine. "Yeah, I'm great."

His eyes formed small crescents as he smiled and he repositioned his hand so that it was now intertwined with mine. We didn't say anything for the remainder of the fireworks show. And it wasn't an awkward silence, it was just, nice.

----

I was sitting on the guest bed in Himchan's house, reading an Italian dictionary so that I would be able to use some words while I'm here. There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I called.

"It's Himchan. I'm the only other person in this house."

"Ok you can come in."

He opened the door and looked around the room, "Is this room alright? Do you need anything else?"

"There's already everything in this room." I said with a laugh.

He walked towards the bed, "Is it ok if I sit down?"

I nodded and sat next to him. "Thank you for bringing me here. Today was so much fun."

"Well I was thinking about our previous date that ended quickly because of the rain and I felt bad. I wanted to do something together that I know would be a fun memory, so then I thought 'what about Italy?'"

I shoved his shoulder. "You guys always go so all out. I don't think it takes a lot to impress me to be honest."

"You guys?" Himchan repeated.

I stopped smiling when I realized that I said that. My mind was unconsciously referring to Yongguk and now I'm in a bad mood. Well not really. I already told myself that I wouldn't let that guy affect how I feel anymore.

"I meant to say 'you.' You always go so all out."

"Mmm." He bit his lip and rubbed his thumb over his knuckles. "Hey." He suddenly spoke out. "Do you want to know what wish I made today?"

"Yeah sure. But I thought you said if you tell someone, it wouldn't come true."

"Yeah, but..." He looked at me, in the midst of saying something, but instead he stood up. "I'll tell you eventually."

He bent down and kissed me on the cheek before stepping backwards. "Don't look so surprised. It's a normal gesture used in Europe. I'm just trying to appreciate other cultures." He smirked before closing the door to my room.

-
-

A/n* I'm just gonna upload 2 chapters tonight bc I wanna hurry up and get the story rollin