Winning Party

Nat and Wanda decided they'd have fun and choose my dress and do my makeup and hair. I still missed Pietro. I wanted my brother to be alive and hug me again. I played with the bottom of my dress as I sat in Wanda's room waiting for her. I felt tears form in my eyes as I began to remember Pietro's warm hugs that made me feel better everyday when I was down. I remember him talking to me through the cell walls trying to get me to fall asleep. I remember him protecting me from the monsters that I believed exist. I wanted my brother to be sitting beside me.
"Madison?" Wanda asked making me look over at her. I sniffled and she saw my tears and ran over. She pulled my small body close to her and held me close. I cried into her shoulder as she rubbed my back trying to calm me down.
"He's gone, Wanda!" I sobbed.
"I know. I know" she said soothingly trying her best to calm me. I dried my tears and then slipped on my slip on shoes. I walked out the door and down the hallway. I looked around the corner to see Steve and Thor talking. I quickly walked over and hugged Steve. He turned to see who was hugging him.
"Hey kiddo" Steve said hugging me back.
"Hi" I said trying to hide my tears from Steve and Thor.
"You wanna talk?" Steve asked as Thor walked away to go greet Jane Foster and her friend Darcy. I nodded to Steve and we walked over to the bar and sat down. Natasha gave me a soda and Steve a beer.
"What did you want to talk about?" He asked taking a sip of his cold drink. I sniffled again before speaking up.
"I miss him" I mumbled.
"I know you do. He was your brother" he said.
"If only he was alive" I said trying to blink away tears.
"Do me a favor and try to think happy thoughts tonight" Steve said lifting my head up with his finger. He dried my tears with his thumb, "it's a party. Now put a smile on that face of yours and go have fun. Pietro wouldn't want you to grieve. He would want you to remember him."
"Thank you, Steve" I said bringing my glass of soda to my lips.
"No problem, Madison. Now come on, I challenge you to a game of pool" he said as we hopped of the seats and began to walk to the pool table.
After playing our game of pool I was actually shocked that I won. I think Steve let me win but he won't admit it. Now we were all sitting in the living room. It brought back the memory of us trying to lift Thor's hammer. I stared at the hammer that was on the table.
"We should try and lift the hammer like last time" I suggested. Tony smiled at the idea.
"Who wants to go first?" Tony said. Clint stood up and tried to lift it but it failed again just like last time.
"I still don't get it" Clint said before pointing to Tony to try and lift it. Tony got up and walked over to the hammer.
"I bet that I'll be able to lift it" Tony said.
"How much?" Rhodes asked smiling.
"$200" Tony said before trying to lift it but couldn't. Tony grumbled something before handing Rhodes two 100 dollar bills. I couldn't help but laugh. Tony pointed to me telling me to try it. I stood up and walked over. I gripped onto the hammer and pulled up. Everyone stared at me in shock. Including Thor. I had lifted the hammer off the table.
"How..." Tony trailed off wondering. I stared at the hammer in shock before looking at Thor who was also in shock. My mouth was open wide still in shock. I put down the hammer and sat down next to Wanda still in shock.
"I wasn't expecting that at all" Clint said.
"I guess she's worthy" Natasha said with smirk.
"Holy crap" I said making everyone laugh. Wanda pulled me into a small hug and smiled widely.
"You're worthy!" She yelled excitedly making me laugh. I use to be scared of the Avengers... Now they're like my family.

Sorry I haven't been updating a lot!~ Kenlee Faith❤️❤️❤️