Nightmare

"I'm gonna miss you Maddy" said Lila smiling at me.
"You don't have to miss me" I said, "I'll see you soon. I enjoyed having fun."
"When will you be back?" She asked.
"Soon I hope" I said looking at Clint who just smiled.
"I'll get her to come back" Clint said.
"Bye Lila" I said giving her one last hug. We slowly walked out to the jet. We knew where Ultron was now. Bruce figured it out. We were going to Korea. I decided to stay in the jet with Natasha and Clint. Steve had found Ultron and now they were fighting on the top of a truck. I watch as Ultron blasts Steve.
"Well, he's definitely unhappy. I'm gonna try to keep him that way" Steve said through the speakers.
"You're not a match for him, Cap" Clint said.
"Thanks, Barton" Steve said making me smile. We saw Steve's shield fall off the truck. I looked and nodded to Romanoff. We walked over to the table where the motorcycle is hidden.
"1. 2. 3. Give them hell" Clint said as the table opened and me and Nat quickly jumped on. I got on the back and she got on the front. The floor dropped below us and we started going between cars. I saw Steve's shield and reached out to grab it.
"Always picking up after you boys" Natasha said as I grabbed the shield and we made our way towards the truck. We went under the truck and I tossed Steve his shield from the other side. He caught it quickly. Ultron made the ground in front of us come up and block us.
"We need to get the cradle!" I said.
"You think!" Natasha said as she drove the other way and up some stairs.
"Can you distract the iron legion drones, Clint?" I asked.
"Sure thing" he said as he started shooting and the drones flew after him. Soon me and Natasha were in the truck. She started turning off some stuff. Then I felt something. We were going airborne.
"Uhhh. Nat we're taking to the sky" I said as I held onto the cradle. She started cutting the strap.
"How do you want me to take this?" Clint asked.
"You might've wished you haven't asked that" Natasha said. Finally she got the thing cut and it started falling out of the truck. I held onto the cradle as we fell into the jet. Ultron scared me and grabbed Natasha's foot.
"NAT!" I yelled as he pulled her out and off the cradle.
"Nat?" Clint turned back seeing she wasn't there.
"Cap! Do you have eyes on Nat?!" Clint asked quickly.
"If you have the cradle get the hell out of there!" Steve answered back. Clint closed the back door of the jet and slammed angrily on the wheel. I climbed off the cradle and my breathing was heavy.
"Get comfortable Maddy. It's gonna be a long ride" Clint said as I walked over and sat next to him. I curled up in the seat and covered myself with a blanket. I fell asleep on the jet.
I ran as fast as I could down the corridor hoping to escape the figure running after me. Fear written all across my face. I was speeding down the hallway. I heard running footsteps behind me. I was afraid. I felt pain shoot up my back as a red, white, and blue shield hit me. I let out a scream in pain. I felt the tall figure tower over me. I started to get up but was pulled up by a strong arm. "Let me go!" I screamed struggling in his grasp. Tears blurred my vision. I knew I was gonna die.
"Please don't kill me!" I said as the man tightened his grip on my arm surely leaving a bruise on my left arm. I screamed loudly as he pushed me against the wall holding me by the neck blocking my way of breathing. I tried to speak but it was impossible. Steve Rogers held a knife to my side slowly pressing the cold metal against me.
"Please" I whispered. But he didn't take my begs to live. He stabbed me in the side and slowly took the knife out from me clearly covered in my crimson blood. He removed his hand from my neck letting me drop to the cold floor. Steve walked away from me as I backed away holding onto my side in pain. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Steve stared at me once more before grabbing my arm and shoving me inside a large cell. He closed the large iron door and locked it. I started to bleed out quickly. The pain felt like I was dying in seconds. I collapsed to the floor in pain and soon my breathing stopped and everything went dark.
"Hey kid?!" Clint said shaking my shoulder.
"What?" I asked staring at him.
"Are you alright? You were having a bad dream" Clint said.
"I'm fine" I said looking out the window.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Clint asked looking at me worriedly.
"No" I said quickly.
"Are you sure Maddy? I won't tell Cap if it's about him" Clint said. I decided to trust him.
"I was running from someone. I didn't know who it was at first. Until a shield hit my back making me fall to the floor. It was Steve. He had a tight grip on my arm. H-he killed m-me" I said, "I couldn't escape I-I couldn't d-do anything."
"Maddy. You know Steve would never hurt you. In any way. He would never live with himself if he hurt you. Just because he just met you doesn't mean he can't care about you. He cares about you. You had a hard past and trust me he probably knows what it feels like. He would never ever hurt you. I promise" Clint said looking at me.
"Thank you" I said as we landed at Avengers Tower. We unloaded the cradle and walked into the lab where Tony and Bruce were waiting. They couldn't get the cradle open. I changed into a sweater and jeans. Clint left to go try and find Natasha. I sat down on a chair in front of the cradle.
"I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Dr Cho implanted" Bruce said.
"Yeah. About that" Tony said rubbing the back of his neck. Bruce looked at him realizing what he was planing.
"No" Bruce said.
"You have to trust me" Tony said.
"Kind of don't" Bruce said.
"Our ally, our guy protecting the military's nuclear codes, I found him" Tony said pulling up JARIVS.
"Hello Dr Banner" JARVIS said.
"Ultron didn't go after JARIVS because he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do" Tony said, "so JARIVS went underground. Scattered, dumped his memory, but not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together." Bruce scoffed.
"So, you want me to help you put JARIVS into this thing?" Bruce asked. I raised an eyebrow at Tony.
"No! Of course not!" Tony said, "I wanna help you put JARIVS into this thing." Bruce walks away a bit, "We're out of my field, here. You know bio-organics better than anyone."
"And you just assume that JARIVS's operational matrix can beat Ultron's?" Bruce asked.
"JARIVS has been beating him on the inside without even knowing it. This is the opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to" Tony said.
"I believe it's worth a go" JARIVS said.
"I'm in a loop!" Bruce said, "I am caught in a time loop. This is exactly where it all went wrong."
"I know. I know. I know what everyone's gonna say. But they're already saying it" Tony said, "we're mad scientist. We're monsters buddy. We gotta own it. Make a stand." Bruce shook his head no and looked over at me.
"It's not a loop. It's the end of the line" Tony said, Bruce stared at the cradle. Soon they were starting to upload JARIVS into the cradle. My head started hurting.
"Ultron can't tell the difference of saving the world or destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda asked.
I looked at Tony. He created Ultron. But why? Bruce was plugging in cords into the cradle. I hope Clint finds Nat.
"This framework is not compatible" Tony said.
"The genetic coding tower is at 97%" Bruce said as Tony started typing stuff, "you have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Then a loud footstep scared the crap out of me. I turned to see Steve, Wanda, and Pietro.
"I'm only gonna say this once" Steve said as Pietro looked at me.
"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony asked sarcastically.
"Shut it down!" Steve said.
"Nope, not gonna happen" Tony said.
"You don't know what you're doing" Steve said.
"And you do?" Bruce asked pointing at Wanda "she's not in your head?"
"I know you're angry" Wanda said stepping forward.
"Oh, we're way past that" Bruce said, "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."
"Banner, after ever thing that's happened-" Steve started saying but was cut off by Tony.
"Nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony said.
"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda said.
"This isn't a game!" Steve said as Pietro looked at me and I nodded to him. He ran around the room at a fast pace unplugging everything.
"No. No. Go on. You were saying?" Pietro asked as a gunshot fired from below breaking the glass below Pietro making him fall through.
"PIETRO!" Me and Wanda yelled.
"I'm rerouting the upload" Tony said as he turn to the computer. Steve threw his shield at the computers making them spark. I ducked as Tony's iron man hand came out and attached to Tony's hand and he fired at Steve knocking him back onto the ground. The back of Tony's suit came and attached to Tony. Bruce wrapped an arm around Wanda's neck.
"Go ahead. Piss me off!" Bruce hissed, Clint came up holding out a gun. Steve got up and the front of Tony's suit attached to Tony. Steve punched Tony and Tony blasted him making the two of them go separate ways. I got up and used my powers to push Bruce off of Wanda and away from her, Bruce glared at me. Thor came running into the room and jumped onto the cradle calling lighting with his hammer.
"Wait!" Bruce yelled, but Thor didn't listen. Flashes of lighting lit up the room and he aimed it at the cradle. Steve quickly pulled me to the floor and covered me so I didn't get electrocuted since I was close to the cradle. After Thor was finished we all looked at the cradle. The door of the cradle exploded off and pushed Thor to the ground. Steve held onto my stomach and covered me as glass flew everywhere. Some guy came out of the cradle. I couldn't tell what he was. But he didn't look human. He was a purplish color and had a yellow gem in the middle of his forehead. Bruce stood up slowly. The man looked at Thor and flew at him. Thor grabbed him and tossed him across the room and out the lab window into the main area. Thor went through the glass and Steve got up and jumped down from the window down onto a platform. I got up and watched from the window. Wanda rushed over to me and hugged me tightly. We walked down the stairs and joined next to Bruce. Pietro soon joined beside us. The man was looking out the window. Thor held up his hand telling us not to hurt the man. He turned around and a grey suit started to form on him. Thor put down his hammer.
"I'm sorry. That was odd" the man said as he flew down next to Thor, "thank you." A golden cape appeared on the man.
"Thor? You helped create this?" Steve asked.
"I had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life. At it's center is that" Thor said pointing at the yellow gem on the mans forehead.
"What? The gem?" Bruce asked.
"It's the Mind Stone. One of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities" Thor said.
"Then why would you bring-" Steve started saying but Thor cut him off.
"Because Stark is right" Thor said.
"Oh, it's defiantly the end times" Bruce said.
"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron" Thor said.
"Not alone" said the man.
"Why does your Vision sound like JARIVS?" Steve asked.
"We reconfigured JARVIS's matrix to create something new" Tony said walking towards the Vision.
"I think I've had my fill of new" Steve said.
"You think I'm a child of Ultron" The Vision said.
"You're not?" Steve asked.
"I'm not Ultron" the Vision said, "I am not JARVIS, I am. I am."
"I looked in your head and saw annihilation" Wanda said walking towards him.
"Look again" The Vision said as Clint scoffs.
"Her seal of approval means jack to me" Clint said walking into the room.
"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself all came from the Mind Stone. And they are nothing compared to what it can unleash" Thor said, "But with it on our side-" Pietro pulled me into a small hug.
"Is it?" Steve asked, "are you? On our side?"
"I don't think it's that simple" The Vision said.
"Well, it better get simple real soon" Clint said.
"I'm on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all" The Vision said.
"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.
"You" The Vision answered.
"Where?" Bruce asked.
"Sokovia, he's got Nat there too" Clint said.
"If we're wrong about you" Bruce said taking a step closer to The Vision, "if you are the monster Ultron made you to be-"
"What will you do?" asked the Vision we waited for a while until the Vision continued to talk, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will role over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." The Vision shocks all of us by picking up Thor's hammer and handing it to him. Thor takes the hammer from the Vision and all of us look at him in shock. The Vision walks away and we all look at Thor.
"Right" Thor said walking over to Tony and patting his back, "well done." We all stand there in shock until Steve breaks the silence.
"Three minutes" Steve said, "get what you need."
I was hugged tightly by both Wanda and Pietro. I cried into Pietro's chest. "I'm so sorry I made you see your worst nightmare. I wish I didn't have to do it" Wanda said putting her hand on my cheek.
"It's fine Wanda. I know you guys were obeying what Ultron had told you to do. I'm just glad we are together now and not separate. I don't know what I would do if I had to go against you guys" I said as Pietro kissed my forehead.
"I'm just glad I get to see my baby sister again" Pietro said messing up my blonde hair. I got changed into a black short dress that came to my knees. It kind of looked like Wanda's but I was wearing a black leather jacket. Pietro tossed a red leather jacket to Wanda then told me to take off mine and put this one on. It was a blue leather jacket. I took off my black one and put on the blue leather jacket. It was a darkish blue like the color of Steve's suit. Everyone was getting ready.
"There's no way we'll all get through this" Tony said as I sat down next to Steve, "even if one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor."
"I've got no plans tomorrow night" Steve said.
"I get first crack at the big guy" Tony said referring to Ultron, "Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."
"That's true. He hates you the most" The Vision said walking past us. I covered my mouth from smiling. We got into the jet and I sat next to Wanda and Pietro. Wanda gave me and Pietro ear pieces. Pietro put his in and so did I.
"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us" Steve said, "Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."